Parents & Siblings

So I see tons of stories where you have the MC as customizable, and after that you’re introduced to their family and they all have at least a few traits that you gave the MC (Like the mother has their eyes and the father has their hair colour, etc)

I was wondering how you achieve this? I’m attempting a story with a customizable MC but I want her sister to change with how you make the MC look. I hope this makes sense.
I’m very new to coding just for the record, I’m still awful at it cause I took a long break and am only now getting back to it.

1 Like

i read something where you can use the command
@CHAR becomes MC for twins
and then you can change certain features like @CHAR changes into hair… and so on
ive not personally used this but its an option

The best way to go about this is most likely finding a template an episode creator has already made and, if they have it available for other creators, credit them. There’s a lot of coding that goes behind that, but that would be my advice! Let me know if you need help finding a template :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

I didn’t even consider this, but I’ll try finding something :slight_smile: Thanks!

You’re welcome! There are plenty of resources on the forums! Chances are you can search for script templates and a number of awesome creators and their coding work will pop up. There are also tutorials in case you want to try your hand at it!

1 Like

Here is what I use for family members!

1 Like

I’ll give it a go!

1 Like

Moved to Directing Help and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Here’s an example of how I edited Dara’s template to fit my character changes. In this case, all eye colors were the same (but the becomes comand doesn’t work for males → females for obvious reasons), so this is the next best thing. It’s tedious, but your readers will be grateful that they don’t need to customize their entire family, but they’ll still look like family (I’m also nit picky to make sure family looks like family and not a generic MC with older features all the same, but customized to what their MC looks like)

This is just an example of all the same eye color:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.