Petition for the Episode Portal to be more suitable for mobile users to use

I know that many years ago there was a mobile portal where mobile users could create their stories. But at some point that was removed and has been replaced by the portal we know today.

But the Episode Portal that we know today isnt suitable for mobile users to use. I know this myself as I have been trying to write my story on my phone.

We need the Episode Portal to be suitable for mobile users and not just computer users.

1. Not everyone can necessarily afford a laptop or a PC.

Laptops and PCs are not cheap and some phones are far cheaper than a laptop or a PC. And more people generally have a phone over a laptop or a PC due to the price. And if the portal was more suitable for mobile users more people might be able to create stories.

2. Writing stories on mobile using the current portal is not easy.

I have been trying to write my story on mobile using the current portal and it is just difficult. I’m sure if there are other mobile users out there trying to write their story on their phone they would agree with me on how difficult it is to write on mobile. I had to resort to copy and pasting code into Google docs due to the portal acting so weirdly on mobile. But even that became incredibly tedious.

3. Working on your story on the go

If the portal was easier for mobile users to use people would be able to work on their story on the go via their phones. I know that some places do have access to laptops or PCs like libraries. But not every place has access to laptops or PCs and not everyone carries a laptop around with them.

It would be great if the Episode Portal could be made easier for mobile users to use.

45 Likes

A really good idea :bulb:
Support! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Support!

Trying to use the portal on mobile is terrible! One thing I’ve noticed on my mobile browsers(both Chrome and Safari) is that every time you touch or scroll through your script, an inevitable keyboard will pop up. It gets in the way and is very tedious.

9 Likes

Support :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve noticed that as well. It’s quite annoying honestly.

4 Likes

Thank you. :grinning:

1 Like

Support! :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes

Support!

3 Likes

Support!

3 Likes

Support! It’d be pretty cool to have an app that links to the main Writer Portal, as it can be annoying to work on a web browser, since there’s all the buttons for tabs and stuff.

4 Likes

Bump

1 Like

Support :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Support :100:

2 Likes

Support

1 Like

Bump

Support

Episode used to have “create your story” for mobile only and it was very easy because it was all visual: you added characters, backgrounds, and dialogue when you saw everything on screen. Of course, it was super limiting, so making the full Writer Portal available would be great.

5 Likes

Support 100%

1 Like

Wholey support. I do think having a writer’s portal within the app, while being a huge update, would be very beneficial for those who are coding on the go, so to speak. And as stated above in the posts. And adding the animations so we can see.

Bonus: when in character creation, you can make your outfits and they can pick which one to wear.

4 Likes

That bonus idea sounds great as well.