Psychological Thriller Recommendations?

I’ve been reading The Game (Ink) and I absolutely love it. I’ve read a couple psychological thrillers here and there but I feel like the specific types I’m interested in are so hard to find. Deceit, lies, suspense, maybe some mysteries… I don’t care what style as long as it’s well told and directed. I’d prefer minimal or no choices (shocking, I know :joy:). I don’t get triggered easily so the exact story theme/content doesn’t matter to me.
I’m not interested in stories with jump scares at all and I’d prefer to stay away from the horror side. Just a real intense, thrilling story that I can’t tear my eyes away from :grimacing::pray:t2:

I would strongly prefer the story to be complete :crossed_fingers:t2:

4 Likes

The Game

1 Like

Im reading that right now :rofl::rofl: and I also have Scorned in my favorites :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

you have taste!

1 Like

“Porcelain” was pretty good

“The infected” is my personal favorite

1 Like

I couldn’t get enough of Porcelain!
Is the infected complete? I didn’t think it was…I guess I should add that to my post lol

Moved to Promote Your Story since you’re looking for story recommendations. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Yesss! The Game and Scorned are so good! :slight_smile:

There’s a lot of choices, but Chicanery by J. Miley is an amazing mystery/thriller. There’s a lot of psychological aspect to it, like The Game and Scorned. It’s complete and in Ink.

*If you follow them on Instagram, you’ll find that oddly enough, Scorned is J. Miley’s favorite story, and Chicanery is Amber J.'s favorite story if that says anything.

4 Likes

Haha I had already read Chicanery! That story messed with my mind sooo much! :laughing::laughing: I just finished The Game, I’m going to be starting on Scorned right aways :scream::heart_eyes:

Oh my gosh, I didn’t know that! That’s so funny and ironic!

1 Like

It definitely messes with your mind. Very underrated.

1 Like

I searched the game and can’t find it?

The Game by Amber J. Martin (Thriller Genre)

Hey. I have two completed stories that matches your description!
My stories are known for less choices as I keep the story flow authenticity, and both of them have developed psychological thrillers, and full of mystery too!

Story 1 - my brand new story.
Title: My Cutie Detective
Author: Lynn Ann
Style: Limelight
Genre: Mystery, with lots of comedy and romance too
Description: Join two kids in solving a mystery behind the death of their friend while still in high school. A short story.
CC: Full CC of both female and male MC
No. of chapters: 5 (Complete)
Cover: My_Cutie_Detective_posterThumb_qBXsa2R7dk
Link to My Cutie Detective : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5214026621714432

Story 2 - My first story
Title; Too Good To Be True
Author: Lynn Ann
Style: Limelight
Genre: Mystery, with psychological thriller, drama, romance, comedy.
Description: Your teenage dream did come true when you met YOUR DREAM GUY years later, exactly like you thought it will be! But, is it too good to be true?
CC: Full CC of MC and dream guy
No. of chapters: 20 + 3 bonus chapters (Complete!)
Cover: Too_Good_To_Be_True_WL_posterThumb_WZ4RnQCNu6
Link to TGTBT: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5254586539245568

Hope you will enjoy reading them! :heart:

I know this is crazy but story can’t be in all genres :joy:
All genres have their on traits and by everything you mean like horror etc?
Also story description matches with romance story ones

1 Like

I’ve been writing a story - it isn’t completed yet, but it definitely will be (I know how it’s going to end and everything; it’s sort of my lockdown project). It’s a murder mystery with lots of ‘deceit, lies,’ and ‘suspense’! No jump scares. There are a few choices, but they only matter in the short term. It’s called E.B.I.

I’ll check them both out :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Okay! Can you send me the link for it? :slight_smile:

Ahw haha thanks!
I’ve actually already read that story, as well :rofl::rofl::rofl::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

If you don’t mind classic spotlight, Black Absinthe by Kay Elle is absolutely thrilling and brilliant. Complete with few choices that don’t seem to alter the ending, but the story itself is very gripping.

Judging by your (great) taste in stories (Amber J. and J. Miley stories are amazing), Black Absinthe may be right up your alley.

3 Likes