Quick Question For Newbie

hey guys, I’m new to coding so I have a question. I want my readers to choose their own MC’s name. So when I’m coding, I put @NAME or I put my originally MC character name ???
Also, can anyone teach me the code to let readers choose their name ??

so when you are allowing the reader to pick there name you have to put NAME in the display section when naming the character

so when I’m coding, I’m still using the originally name for my character, right ?

so the script name (the name you use when coding) is what you use when you code the character but the reader can still see the name you picked

Can read more here: UNDERSTANDING: Script + Display Names

So you write NICHOLE in the script, the reader sees ROSE (name shown/displayed to the reader). Display names can even be blank.

yes, since that’s their script name

1 Like

input What’s Your First Name? | What’s Your First Name? | Done (NAME)
this is what you’ll use to refer to your character during dialogues. it can be anything, even the original name of your character. for example my character’s name is bella, and the name i’ll put in between the brackets is (BELLA).
to refer to the character in the script, i use [BELLA]. you can’t do this in choices though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.