Rude’s Here to Help! Ask your questions babes 💙

Heyy I need a little bit of help with anchor points I want her to shake her head up and down but I’m not sure how

Well it depends on the overlay itself. You have to play around with it and see what anchor point suits you. I would rotate the overlay head to the left a little bit, then back in place. That would somewhat show the appearance of nodding.

I’ve tried all the anchor points and the head goes off the body :pleading_face: I heard that there are other anchor points that are “hidden” do you know what they are and if they would help?

You star! Thank you so much! That’s exactly what I was after.

Hey, im a new author on episode. im still on my first episode. I need help with making characters exit off screen while they talk but not pop up on side screen where thy can be seen

Well, yes, usually during a rotation, the overlay tends to shift. You have to shift it back into place. But if you want to try other anchor points, I’d be glad to tell you about them. So anchor points can be anything between 0 and 1. So:

And then, of course, there is all the numbers between those. But they only make a very slight difference. So I think that list will suffice.

1 Like

Thanks💙 can i mix them up ? Like but 0.3 0.5 or does it have to be 0.3 0.3

Yes, you definitely can

My last question is do you have any tips for learning how to rotate overlays? Because this is way harder than I thought it would be :weary:

So, looking at your code, I would just add an & to your exit command:

&ANGEL exits right AND ANGEL does it while walk_talk_neutral_loop

ANGEL
That girl would be late to her own funeral I see.

1 Like

Yes, I highly recommend just shifting the overlay back during rotation. That helps because sometimes we get caught with anchor points or changing up our overlay so that we get the perfect rotation, but the perfect rotation usually doesn’t happen lol. And that’s because a perfect rotation usually only happens with a circular object. So when I rotate an irregular shaped overlay, I always have to shift it into the right place.
I’ll give you an example:

Let’s say I have an overlay at these coordinates:

@overlay OVERLAY shifts to 1 2 in Z

And then I rotate it and it ends up shifting to 3 4.

I have to shift it back during rotation, at the same speed as the rotation, so it will look like it just rotated in place:

@overlay OVERLAY rotates ___ anchor point 0 0 in 2 AND overlay OVERLAY shifts to 1 2 in Z in 2

Does that make sense?

its showing up a warning saying I should use the @ symbol? plus she keeps popping up on the other side of the screen where I can still see her.

Yes that helped a lot so that might help my head moving problem? Because the head moved up it just shifted down if that makes sense

I got it!!! thank you :slight_smile:

Yes exactly. So after rotating the overlay, shift your overlay back in place in the previewer, then use those coordinates and add a shift command with your rotating command.

Kk tysm💙

one more thing, how do I get them to walk to different sides?

What do you mean?

So I just got home and I tried doing it with shift And it still goes down