Should I do commission arts? (be very honest)

damn… I really need some advice to gain followers…can u tell me? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :grin:

1 Like

people on forums always keep forgetting… and its hard to… promote here… but sometimes its good for somethings…

1 Like

I agree but when they want they can bookmark your thread. It depends on person’s choice and don’t worry I will def. support you on both insta & forums . :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Sure, is your Instagram the same as your forum name?

1 Like

no its different username

thankyou girl!! :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

Moved to Art Resources since Feature + Art Suggestions is for requests to the development team. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

To be professional, i think you should take requests a little longer before you charge. To make sure you can handle anything they throw at you. Because charging early is really stressful. Your art is absolutely beautiful and your anatomy is on point

2 Likes

I’d like to say firstly that your art is pretty nice. I adore the way you drew the girl’s hair in the third one especially. Your anatomy is pretty good, too! With some practice, I can see you being a popular artist in the future making bank. Secondly; I mean this all as constructive criticism and don’t mean to bash you in any way. I say this with my own experience in both being commissioned and commissioning other artists.

For now, though; I’d advise against it. I don’t mean to throw accusations out, but your art feels very heavily traced, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing because a lot of great artists have their roots in tracing and it’s a very good way to learn anatomy and develop your own style. It also feels like you don’t necessarily have a good grip on colouring or shading either, and rely on the airbrush tool a lot, which makes everything feel very beginner-ish and oversaturated.

For when/if you do start charging, I’d like to agree with some of what Zondie has to say:

You never need a massive following to do commissions. Does it help? Absolutely! I have big fandom-name friends who practically make a living off of Ko-Fi commissions. Do you need it? Hell no. There are plenty of spaces on the internet designed specifically for having people noticing your commissions; like the Toyhou.se Marketplace (my personal favourite and best place to find underrated artists, imo), Artists-n-Clients and r/hungryartists. There is always a demand for art and as long as you can produce it, you’ll always find someone. Like Zondie says, this is your time and effort. Never undersell yourself; it’s never worth it.

I think with practice, looking at tutorials and developing your own style, you could start commissioning in the future! But at this moment in time, I think a lot of experience needs to be gained. Your art is pretty good, and I can see some amazing stuff for you in the future if you continue practicing and applying your already-learned skill!

3 Likes

whats your insta?

1 Like

hey there lovely! your art is absolutely gorgeous! I think your art is worth paying for <3

1 Like

I think you should start taking Commissions! Post your art on IG, put up a price list, use hashtags and try to expand your reach! No hurries, take a few commissions at a time, like 4-5? If you’re opening them, I’d love to get some artwork from you :blue_heart:

1 Like

yeps… I was thinking💭 the same
and i still have some doubt and other thing to learn… rn.
so, hihi

1 Like

… maybe u r right… :confused: … and uhhmm… idk… what to say… so…

1 Like

its… @tessa_art.28

hehe thanks but according to the people’s voting and all…
I should practice more and… make them worth for commissions

i will do it whenever I get ready to really take commissiona… thankyou so much :heart: :point_right:t2::point_left:t2: