Speechbubble without name - help?

Hi guys.
I know that to have a speech bubble without a name, I’d have to remove the display name of the character.
I have two questions/doubts regarding this.
Firstly, how do I type in the dialogue spoken by the character?
Secondly, when I want to reveal the name of the character later, how should I do it?

Just type the script name of your character. Remember that your character has two names, the first one is the script name and the second one the display’s. You can always change the display name as long as you want -even remove it- but not the script name.
Having said that, and answering your second question, I’d highly recommend you to create a copy of your character. In this way you can remove the copy’s name and have him in the chapters you want his name to be “unknown”, then when the time to introduce him in a proper way comes up, you just change your character to the original one.
Remember that if you erase the display name from any of your characters it will, indeed, appear without a name in the chapter you want it that way but the moment you decide to name him again, the name will be shown in the episode you didn’t want it to be.

I hope I make myself clear! If you have any doubt let me know and I’ll be glad to help. :dizzy:

2 Likes

It’s basically already been explained, but I have some screenshots:

To have no name appear, keep this box blank:

To refer to it, you just write it in your script as normal:

The bubble will show up blank Ignore the blue thing, I’m using Spotlight

Then as Elize mentioned, you’ll have to make a whole new character once you want the name to show up. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you! I think that was really helpful, and you were very concise and clear as well. :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! :star_struck:
The screenshots sure do help :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.