Spot directing glitch: Character is in different spot than scripted! (It keeps changing scale!)

So I keep putting a character in a specific spot but everytime I preview the script the character is either in a different spot, different scale or both.

The spot on the preview is different than the one on the script and as much as I change the spot on the script it will keep changing up on preview. BTW! Ive been a writer for about 2 years now but this has never happened to me before. Am I doing something wrong or is this an actual glitch??? :weary:

3 Likes

I’m dealing with this too it’s a very annoying bug in the portal! Is this a new character you’re working with? For me, i noticed it only does it with new characters

1 Like

The same thing is happening to me!! :expressionless:

It’s a glitch of the portal. Try previewing in the app.

1 Like

It’s in the app, too.

1 Like

That’s strange… Yesterday I purposely created a new character to see what was happening, and the glitch happened in the portal but in the app the spot was correct :upside_down_face:

Well, and the strange thing is, most of the characters in the background of the picture in the linked post I sent you are newer than the one with the issue and they spot perfectly fine. So the theory that it’s only new characters is kind of a bust for me. It may be the reason for others, but not mine. It’s just really confusing :smiling_face_with_tear:

Oh, I didn’t even see the background characters, lol. Well, that’s even stranger… Have you tried sending a ticket? (Though I know that most of the times the answers they give are not useful at all).

I keep meaning to but I keep forgetting, lmao. I’m also a little discouraged by the fact that people that do send in tickets are getting generic responses to basic coding guides. I’ll give it my best shot, though.

i sent one and they sent me a generic response, but i wasnt having it so i replied and they did say there were gonna look into it, maybe sending a ticket will help because the more people complaining the more likely theyll be to fix it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll be sending one sometime today :smiling_face_with_tear::heart:

1 Like

It is a new character! But I have two new stories im working on and I’m only having problems with this story and characters :frowning_face:

We’re looking into it! Please submit a ticket if you haven’t.

5 Likes

Yup, exactly my situation. It’s a new story with me too

Same, it’s really annoying.

1 Like

still happening for me too :frowning:

1 Like

The spot directing glitch is back.

1 Like

It’s happening to me too! also when I preview on the app my characters literally just shift to a certain spot instead of walking they also do do the animations I use, they just stay still, and it looks funny :joy: :joy: but it’s annoying so I’ll be submitting a ticket

I am currently having this problem with only one character.
Has anyone figured out a way to fix it? does it go away on its own?
Do I need to create a new character?

I’ve only had this happen to me once and it was because I was resizing a character after a ‘walk to spot’ command.
The only way I could get it working as expected was too add this just before I resized the character:

@pause for 0.1

1 Like