Stories that you think are overrated

True it is, especially since it was featured on a shelf a couple months ago. May seem highly overrated due to that, but it’s one story I truly never minded seeing in the trending section, unlike most others mentioned in this thread. If you do decide to give it a chance, I hope you’ll find a liking as I did.

3 Likes

Ok.

2 Likes

Those stories with a ‘perfect guy’ and a ‘bad boy’. So freaking repetitive.

COUGH COUGH: My First Everything, Bad
Boy’s Girl, etc.

5 Likes

I think this is an unpopular opinion but I didn’t like the Chain Reaction series all too much, no shade to anyone though. I can definitely see why people like it. Just wasn’t my thing.

6 Likes

I know right, it didn’t look entertaining to me at all

1 Like

I read two chapters of the first one and I thought it was boring af.

2 Likes

Yeah, nothing special about that story. And I thought the title had something to do with that song.

2 Likes

I’ve started reading My Psycho. I gave up though it’s where a psycho goes and kills people and the mc has fits.

8 Likes

That story is absolute garbage. Whether or not the Author days they aren’t, they are romanticizing a killer.

10 Likes

In the cover, the mc is clearly portrayed as the property of the psycho guy. And in the description it says: can you resist the urge to be like him? Which implies that the pscyho guy has huge influence on the mc and the mc probably doesn’t have much influence on him… I don’t think the author is trying to be sexist but with sexism, women are often portrayed as being all submissive and changing herself for the man… when I saw it I just got really mad… reading the story did not make me feel any better.

9 Likes

The one where people romanticize violence or murder. I’ve seen lots of stories where the MC’s LI is a murderer or some crazy ass man, and she cHaNgEs him. Like no. Authors who make those stories make me incredibly frustrated. Violence ain’t cute, sis.

13 Likes

Apparently killers are rebellious. But in what rebellion? Why would the mc like a killer? I mean I guess it means he’s strong? Haha no it doesn’t it just means he’s an idiot. He doesn’t ever kill in self defense it’s always with some annoying character who was literally created to get killed by the gang guy.

True that. This gives the young readers the very wrong impression.

I see where your coming from and yea it pretty tru what you mean but I guess it just what you like to read

Stories that are about a person “going against their religion for love.” :roll_eyes: Seriously, so annoying and stupid.

9 Likes

And they’re so boring too

1 Like

I like to think that these stories –

1. My Psycho
2. My Sugar Baby Affair
3. Any Of Sandra G’s stories
4. Chain Reaction
5. Preggo By This, Preggo By That stories
6. Hunting Bad
7. LadyDianna’s stories (ugh)

– are hella overrated, I swear. And, the boldfaced ones above are so wrong also. But still…the crowd loves them, so okay, they totally are not breaking the guidelines and totally are not preaching something which is…you know, wrong…

10 Likes

I seriously hate those stories and I try to avoid them like the plague.

2 Likes

any story where the mc falls in love with the teacher like its kinda the most unrealistic thing ever and shouldn’t even be a thing

8 Likes

I’d have to agree with everyone saying Chain Reaction.
Chain Reaction and The Teacher.

6 Likes