"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

i was thinking a phone animation but all of them have the phone attached to it. :unamused: and I’m still unfamiliar with all the limelight animations but maybe you could use an arm overlay?

2 Likes

Hello,
What are you trying to do offscreen?

And regarding art scenes and overlays as someone already explained you can make your own by using drawing apps. I particularly use Ibis paint X on my ipad. And as they also mentioned, you could request on the threads which would be on the Art resources area and ask someone if they could make you an art scene or overlay or you could also check out the art shops and make a request from them. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for the suggesting. ill try that :slight_smile:

no problem :slightly_smiling_face: I’m not sure what others do offscreen but I basically use it when I want characters to enter a scene I spot direct them off screen And then code them to walk to a spot on screen or an overlay so it can drop down on the screen. I‘s spot direct it off screen and then code it to move to drop down. To do these you could use the zoom by clicking show helpers, camera and then zoom out of the background to move characters or overlays to a spot off screen so outside the zone picture By then using The spot directing tool and then copy that spot and paste it. So the scene would begin looking something like:

INT. BACKGROUND NAME
&zoom reset (a specific zoom you want)
&cut to zone # (whatever Number of zone you’re using)
&CHARACTER spot # # in zone # at layer # (the number of layer you want them at) (this is where you’d put the offscreen spot by the way)
@pause for 1
&CHARACTER walks to spot # # in zone # in # (number of seconds it takes to walk to spot) (this is where you’d put the spot code you want them to walk to but make sure to add that walks to part)

Are you trying to do spot directing on your phone through the app? If you do it on the computer/ on the writers portal Site , underneath the preview screen there’s a box where their spot direct code shows and you can click copy to copy the stuff there and paste it into your script or highlight it with your mouse and copy it.

This box below previewing screen: theres a button that says copy.

How do I make this look more like fireworks?

Overlays:

code:

@zoom on 320 322 to 257% in 3

@overlay BLACK FIREWORKS create

@overlay 4723358450843648_BLACK FIREWORKS shifts to 146 252 in zone 1
@overlay 4723358450843648_BLACK FIREWORKS scales to 0.424 0.424
@overlay 4723358450843648_BLACK FIREWORKS moves to layer 2

@overlay BLACK FIREWORKS opacity 1

@pause for 0.5

@overlay BLACK FIREWORKS opacity 0

@overlay RED FIREWORK create

@overlay 4723358450843648_RED FIREWORK shifts to 72 150 in zone 1
@overlay 4723358450843648_RED FIREWORK scales to 1.216 1.216
@overlay 4723358450843648_RED FIREWORK moves to layer 3

@overlay RED FIREWORK opacity 1

@pause for 0.5

@overlay RED FIREWORK opacity 0

@pause for 0.5

@overlay RED FIREWORK opacity 1

@pause for 0.5

@overlay RED FIREWORK opacity 0

i know this is weird but how do i let my character speak in its mind?

You mean like a thought bubble? To do a thought bubble:

CHARACTERNAME
( Text here but make sure these symbols are around it )

I forgot the name of this ) :woman_facepalming:t3: Sorry my English is :woozy_face:

Thank you!

1 Like

No problem! :slightly_smiling_face:

How do you make the character face away from the screen(like they are looking back)?

Any of the rear animations will have their backs towards the camera. :slightly_smiling_face: but also know that when you do this, the character face command is opposite so if you want them to face rear left, you would have to code to face them right instead. Who knows why they made it this way :woman_shrugging:t3:

Example for limelight

&CHARACTER starts idle_rear AND CHARACTER faces right.

This character will be rear but facing left.

1 Like

Thanks for the help​:blue_heart::blush:

1 Like

Anytime! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

well?

Hey guys, I’m writing a story about a girl with super powers. Iwanted to make like a flicker-effect with like her normal look and her look when she has her powers (so different eye and haircolor). Does someone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Can use the previews/unpreviews command: HOW TO: Use the previews and unpreviews directing command 💜 🌙 :orange_heart:

Some other cool stuff when it comes to changing features: HOW TO: Customize Characters :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I’d say you should have something fly up in before it explodes to replicate an actual firework. And the size of the firework should get larger.

1 Like

with Prop

@CHARACTER add prop name
@remove prop from CHARACTER

OR JUST an regular animation

I want to a change a character’s hair in a scene mid-chapter. I know you have to code it like
@CHARACTER changes hair into [HAIR NAME] and it works for that scene but as I was checking my chapter in the portal, I noticed that the character’s hairstyle had changed even in scenes before I coded the hair change, which is not what I want!

Any help with this?