Take a Poll, Share a Poll --- Polls Polls Polls!

AAHHHH GLEN COCO!! YOU GO GLEN COCO! I wasn’t thinking straight when I made it and it wouldn’t let me edit it

3 Likes

What’s your favorite part(s) about the holidays?

• Decorating!
  • The holiday music!
  • Making cookies and other foods!
  • Sitting by the fireplace!
  • Helping others in need!
  • Watching Christmas movies!
  • Giving gifts!
  • Getting gifts!
  • The overall joy of the holidays!

0 voters

2 Likes

Every single one :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Eating :smirk:

3 Likes

@MG_789
I voted for basically all of them too!! (it’s literally my own poll but I couldn’t help it :woozy_face:)

@LiyahxWrites
I felt that on a deeper level lmao

2 Likes

Since we can’t post polls on the poll of the week thread, I’ll post my poll again here :eyes::sparkles::blush:
Since this week’s poll is about smartwatches I’m curious…
What would you use your smartwatch for if you had one? :eyes::sparkles::smiley_cat:

• Use it like a regular watch/ to check the time :watch:
  • Use it to track your steps/heart rate :footprints::heartbeat:
  • Play games :jigsaw:
  • Text others :speech_balloon:
  • Call others :speaking_head:
  • Take notes :spiral_notepad:
  • Cheat on exams :no_mouth:
  • Other
  • All of the above

0 voters

~ :sparkles:

2 Likes

Made sure to include my votes :heavy_check_mark:

3 Likes

Now in high school I’m a whole different one :joy:

2 Likes

we only got one kind of school. in my country. but most of my school time sucked

2 Likes
Random idea I got

Madison was sitting on the couch, a bowl of cereal in her hand as she called for her brother., “Mason get down here! The news is about to come on!” She could hear her brother’s thundering steps. “Did I miss it?” He asked frantically. She looked at him, eyebrows furrowed, “Are you wearing any pants?” He looked down at his outfit, “Yes?” She chuckled lightly, “Yes. Or yes?” He was about to give a nasty retort, but a loud burst of music cut him off. Turning their attention to the tv, they saw a familiar face. Astro Wood, news reporter, sat in the same chair he always did, his face as solemn as usual.

“I’m afraid that the situation has not stopped and has only escalated. The others…” His voice cracked, “The others didn’t make it back.” Tears streamed down his face, it was at this moment they knew, peace had never been an option.

• Good
  • Could use some work
  • Eh
  • Bad

0 voters

2 Likes

It’s definitely a good springboard, and promises a lot of excitement and action. I’m sure you’ll end up editing it a lot as you expand on it.

1. You could name a pair of siblings Madison and Mason, some parents like to do that, but it’s not a good plan lmao, from the kitchen Mom would be like “Ma…on!” and both would say “Yeah???” My parents wouldn’t even name me Alessandra when my cousin was going to be Alyssa, that’s how hard they wanted to avoid similar names. :sneezing_face: But that’s just a small note.
  2. I know this is just a snapshot, but what is the mood here? They’re waiting to watch the news, casual bantering… and the reporter delivers such horrifying news? If my brother and I were waiting to know if someone had died or survived, we wouldn’t be having back-and-forth about his pants.

So, some things to expand on:

• Are the siblings just normal siblings, or are they warriors who are used to death and can maintain humour even during such drastic times?
  • What were they expecting when they turned on the news? They likely already knew that there was a situation, so they can’t have been completely blindsided.

There’s my thoughts, anyway. Happy writing! :grin:

3 Likes

Well I was thinking that whatever had been going on (haven’t decided what) would be in their view nearly ending everyone’s positive and they have been winning their battles against (whatever) and that this was very unexpected. I’ll take that into mind when I decide on permanent names

I might make them something like that, the scene just popped in my mind so I have lots of things to decide plot wise.

Thanks for the feedback :grin::pray:

2 Likes

Is there a I went to junior high instead of middle school option?

1 Like

:thinking: Ah, true, they still could’ve been bantering if they were 100% expecting a positive result, either because they were sheltered or their leaders/media had been extremely confident.

Yep, all those pieces will fall into place as you go. :grin:

1 Like

It’s basically the same thing so nah.

Middle school is grades 4-8. Junior high is 7-9 a huge difference

1 Like

:thinking: Which country, if you don’t mind me asking? I can’t find any country where middle school is as low as 9-10 years old. 6th grade (11-12 years old) is as low as I can find.

Where I’m from (Canada), junior high and middle school are almost interchangeable, but junior high is most often 7-8 or 7-9, and middle school generally doesn’t include 9 but can be any combination of 6-8 (6-8, 6-7, 7-8, etc).

I went to a 7-8 “senior elementary,” which complicates things even more. :joy:

3 Likes

(While I’m on the subject lol)
I felt like middle school was more of a turning point than high school, for me. It was when I first started to notice the traits that I now have as an adult. I went from a tiny elementary school to a large middle school, tossed in with so many new people… and discovered that I didn’t like people. It was there that I first met bullies who didn’t know my story, and discovered that friendships are fragile with so much outside pressure. It was the beginning of puberty too, when I started actually having serious crushes and hormone fluctuations and such. :sweat_smile:

So I wasn’t a fan lol.

1 Like

Since I messed up my last one… who’s are your favorites from Mean Girls?

• Regina
  • Gretchen
  • Karen
  • Cady
  • Damien
  • Janis
  • Aaron
  • Glen Coco
  • Principal Duvall
  • Ms. Norbury
  • Joan the secretary
  • Jason