Tal's Coding 101 - Questions & Help With Directing

Tysm :two_hearts:

Hello! I’m trying to have 2 characters bump into each other, this is the script.

&CINDY is shove_argument_receive_angry
@ARDEN is shove_argument_receive_angry

Only Cindy is being shoved, and I switched the name too but still only Cindy is shoved.

Please help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Huh, that is odd. Sounds like a bug to me. Try adding

@pause for 0.01

between the two lines and see what happens :thinking:

Plz remove “does it while” and plz make the code as
AND MARITTE is walk_neutral

Plz try using “is” instead of “does it while”

i fixed it! i just had to make them walk to the spot at the same time. However, I am having trouble with another scene. The props werent working for one of me character so I removed them completely, but shes still walking around with the book even before the scene where the book was in the script

@transition fade out black in 2

INT. CVU LIBRARY STUDY TABLES 2 with TABLELEFT
&overlay 5414624519258112_TABLELEFT shifts to -89 -129 in zone 1
&overlay 5414624519258112_TABLELEFT scales to 2.566 2.566
&overlay 5414624519258112_TABLELEFT moves to layer 3
&ARDEN spot 0.758 247 264 in zone 2 AND ARDEN is read_book_open_neutral_loop
&CHEY spot 1.109 262 42 in zone 1 AND CHEY is react_sit_checkphone_bored
&CHEY moves to layer 2
@add Spell Book Open Grey Black to ARDEN

&cut to zone 1
&zoom reset
@transition fade in black 2

@pan to zone 2 in 4

@pause for a beat

@CHEY walks to spot 0.758 116 264 in zone 2

1 Like

I believe you forgot to delete this command? Let me know if I misunderstood you! :slight_smile:

this was for another character she has the grey book but CHEY is stuck with the open navy book even after removal. But ARDEN also has the book in earlier scenes even after I coded for its removal

1 Like

What did you type to remove the props?

2 Likes

Huh, sounds like a bug. Try adding the remove command again and if it doesn’t work try sending a ticket to the Episode team. There’s a link to the form in my IG bio if you need it! :heart:

2 Likes

Hey Tala first of all thanks for coding 101. I have read all the chapters and helped me a lot, but I need a help In my story the first scene is fighting but they are not walking in the scene so, when I did it like that the first character appeared first and the second popped out it looks really bad can you help me

2 Likes

Hey! Send a video of what it looks like and what your script looks like in that scene and I’ll do my best to help! :blush:

2 Likes

Here is the picture

1 Like

I am dming you the video

1 Like

I am sending screen shots of the problem

They were suppose to do it at the same time

1 Like

Try changing the symbols in the lines 4,067 & 4,068, if I understood you correctly, that is your issue. Change the @ into an & and the & into an @ :blush:

1 Like

Thanks it works perfectly

2 Likes

Hello! I have a smoothie overlay, and now i need it looking like my character is drinking it! Has anyone got a good script for this?
Thanks in advance :heart:

1 Like

Hi! If the smoothie has a straw, I’d use a kissing animation :blush:
Else, I’d use a sipping animation :relaxed:

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey! How do you make a character black? In the sense, hide their facial features and make it a black figure?