The Episode Community Book Club!

Okay, guys, just 13 hours left to get your review in. PLEASE submit your review for Blackout, as we only have only had three reviews! :wink:

As for the second half of this message, I just want to ask about the continuation of the book club. As we started off with 5-10 reviews each time, and now it’s dropped to 3-4. It’s just not fair to vote on stories and nominate them, and not vote. Sooo…
So, what should happen to this community book club?

• Yes, please continue!
  • Yes, 3-4 reviews are worth it
  • Yes, but only if you refresh the stories
  • Yes, continue, I’m just busy at the moment
  • I want to read them but I’m too busy to review at the moment
  • If you continue, I’ll try to be a more active reviewer
  • Up to you, if you have time
  • Nah, 3-4 reviews aren’t worth it
  • Nah, this book club isn’t great!

0 voters

Tagging all those who have shown an interest at some point on this thread...

@fcukforcookies, @RainbowCat, @The_Saminator, @24aya, @lanafrazer_episode, @LillyR, @amberose, @JannahJackson, @Mashia, @Dr.Smile07, @OueIman, @ELx, @EmpressVanessa, @leia.valentine, @Spes, @loveyourself, @xRubiesAndThrillsx, @Annieways, @LyraKeiken, @TheBigMystery, @AddieAhogey, @Ella, @talesbyrose, @sofia.sigma, @keiji, @mysterypuppy03, @JemU776, @GSG.episode, @granolias, @gabyg, @Skyye, @Atreus, @EliseC, @XxAlphaBetaxX, @Rubyllee, @FallenAngelNight13, @Gaea, @Daisy_W, @AureliaStacy, @appleqrl, @DazzledSnowFlake, @Zelda04, @Episode.Cameronwrite, @EmmaZedler.

6 Likes

Our twelfth story for our Community Book Club was reviewed by four people, and all the scores will be an average. The book was…

Blackout, by AmyJune
It’s a drama and here’s the link .
About: You’re met your perfect match, so it seems. But there’s one problem, you don’t know their name or what they look like. The only thing you know, is their voice.

This story was recommended by @CrazyCaliope!

First Impression (Cover/title/summary)

Rating: 4.66
Loved the title and the description, and the cover too, but the large cover could be different from the small cover. From the title to the “only knowing their voice” part, one reader was really interested to read it. Another reader usually isn’t into romance but this one interested them.

The story (Content and Flow)

Rating: 4.45
Checks all boxes without complaints! The content is easily digested and easy going in a way. No over the top drama or anything. Ther flow is good too. Consistent and not overflowing.
It was slow at times, there were lots of pauses for tension and this reader felt they were too long. An original idea, it was perfect for the MC contest. Another reader thought the whole love story was a little unrealistic, but it was cute.

Characters

Rating: 4.36
The opening scene (after CC), instantly gives the reader a feel for the type of character the MC is. The others had solid personalities. Love how the secondary characters all have their own lives.
One reader loved the characters (plus CC for LI and MC, which was good), but focus a bit more on the development. Another couldn’t really relate with the MC and wanted to understand the reason why “the best friend” was being so mean. They hope the author will reveal this in later episodes.

Visually (The directing)

Rating: 4.25
Beautiful and simple flashes that really give you a feel for the story. That really set up the story well and everything was flawless. Good use of overlays (spiders, text, and spot directing), an all-round great job. Nothing too fancy really, but still above average.
Overall, it was good but one reader found quite a lot of spot directing errors but knows this is a minor thing. However, finds it weird when the characters face and talk forward too often.

Language (Grammar)

Rating: 4.82
Pretty perfect. Just a missing comma here or there, the odd incorrect tense or word, and a period where a question mark should have been, but it didn’t take away anything from the reading experience.

Choices

Rating: 4.11
Good use of the choice system and show that they matter, there were enough to keep two readers satisfied! Yet, two readers couldn’t remember many of choices throughout the story.

3-4 was the average number of episodes read by the four reviewers.

Loved the story, good job and well done, hope to see more coming soon. One reader was not really into romance, but this is one of the few that they can actually read and enjoy!
It was a fun read, but the characters could have been more developed.

Final Book Club score is … 4.44

Start a discussion below of this book if you want to! :wink:

Now for next week’s book, I’ll open up the review thread tomorrow!

4 Likes

Okay, thank you to all those who voted! I will continue this thread and just hope more people participate in the coming months.

To address something else I’ve been thinking about, I’m going to start refreshing stories. SO… if a story has been on the list for TWO months then I’m going to remove it. If a reader wants it back on there then they are more than welcome to recommend it again (for another two months), but this is just my way of keeping things fresh.
That being said, I WILL need more recommendations for next week’s poll!

@Mashia, @fcukforcookies, @LyraKeiken, @Gaea, @GSG.episode, @loveyourself, @RainbowCat, @Spes, @appleqrl, @AureliaStacy, @XxAlphaBetaxX, @EmmaZedler, @Ella, @Episode.Cameronwrite, and @Annieways

7 Likes

I’m glad you decided to continue it and I was surprised you are going to refresh stories since I was the only one voting for this :sweat_smile:
I hope that new stories may attract more people to participate in this.

4 Likes

Yeah, to be honest, this has been something I’ve been thinking about for the past month or so. Only because the same stories continue to be on the list, which hasn’t influenced people to vote for them, as people are more interested in the new ones, and some of the people who nominated them are M.I.A anyway. :wink:

4 Likes

This week is the story that tied with the previous week.

This week’s book is…

Gone, by Cameron Oakley (@Episode.Cameronwrite)
It’s a Mystery and here’s the link.
About: While attending Acklebridge College, everything is not what it seems when students are vanishing left and right… It’s now your responsibility to get to the bottom of this mystery…

Find the review form at the top of the page, and ANYONE can review the story.

Those who voted…
@24aya, @Annieways, @Epiiuser_Queen

Those who voted for other stories…
@XxAlphaBetaxX, @talesbyrose, @Ella

Okay, so in two-three days I’ll post next poll for next week’s poll. However, I’ve initiated the system of removing stories after two months and all that is left are SEVEN (7) stories. So more RECOMMENDATIONS would be appreciated! Thank you!

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re very welcome, but it was nominated and then people voted, so nothing to do with me. :wink:

1 Like

Please make sure to get your review in for this week’s book, “Gone”, to share your thoughts, as we haven’t had any reviews yet! (wink)

Please only vote for a story IF you are going to review it (or if it is your own work), PLEASE?!

About stories...
Comedy

Lazy girl rain, by Sripriya (@DazzledSnowFlake)
About: Until now Rain is a lazy girl but what happens when she moves out to a different city to find a job… Will she get a job or Will the recruiters go crazy.

Drama

Galactic game, by Lucky
About: You are a contestant on an inter-galactic reality TV show with 11 extraterrestrials. Between manipulation, love, alliances, strategies and friendship - will you win the game?

I made the devil cry, by Šebule (@Sebule)
About: Be a soldier. Save your kingdom from darkness. There’s just one problem. Fate can’t escape you. What’s gonna be your choice? Choices matter

Stars & Scandals, by Ella (@Ella)
About: Becoming an actress for the next big-hit TV show is every girls’ dream, right? How will you manage fame and relationships when every move you make is being watched?

Fantasy

Silhouettes, by Aprilish (@aprilish)
About: Arion’s ready to risk it all to make her dreams come true. Leslie sees him every day, yet fails to recognize who he is. Watch them fall in love…without ever meeting each other.

Romance

MC: The Golden Line, by Shana Ravi (@appleqrl)
About: Your mission for the last 2 years has been to find your mom’s murderer. But what happens when you meet an alluring man. Also when his darkest secrets are revealed. Love or mission?

MC: A Twist of Fate, by Alina (@xo.alina)
About: After a chance encounter with a mysterious stranger, Grace sets out to find the person who stole her heart.

Which one do you want to discuss as the fourteenth book of our book club?
(You can vote for up to three stories)

• Silhouettes
  • MC: The Golden Line
  • Stars & Scandals
  • Lazy girl rain
  • Galactic game
  • MC: A Twist of Fate
  • I made the devil cry

0 voters

Note: I’ll be voting too, so since I don’t really read many Episode stories, I’m voting based on the stories’ blurb and whether it interests me! (wink)

2 Likes

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you had read or were planning to read “Gone”? As I just did and couldn’t get past one minute. Straight after the CC, the story stopped as the got up from the restaurant. It still did so after I refreshed and replayed. Has this happened to anyone else?

@24aya, @Annieways, @Epiiuser_Queen, @XxAlphaBetaxX, @talesbyrose, @Ella

2 Likes

I’ve read the story before it was chosen here and didn’t have any problems :thinking:

But I need to reread it to make a review :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Damn, I wonder why I am. I’ve replayed it multiple times with the same result. Wait, did you read it in Ink or Limelight?

Just checked it…it did freeze while charectars existing from restaurant

1 Like

It’s the same for me, I started reading it yesterday and it froze. I just checked it and I still can’t go through that scene.

1 Like

Ooh I’ve read it in Ink! Didn’t realize the link was for the limelight version, sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

WOW! Thank you, @24aya, @Annieways, and @RainbowCat, glad I’m not alone. Wanted to make sure before I thought about submitting a ticket.

@Episode.Cameronwrite, we are unable to complete your story, as it stops just after the CC. I have written my review but I will redo it if you edit it. (wink)

3 Likes

I forgot to remove that, let me change it

1 Like

Changed it @24aya @RainbowCat @Annieways

4 Likes

Okay, will reread it later and resubmit my own review! (wink)

1 Like

Thank you :wink:

1 Like