The Infected: featured version

I very much doubt that since it sounded like Episode had the ability to do what they liked with the story:

2 Likes

It looks sloppy for them to release it incomplete whatever way you slice it, don’t get me wrong. But since the author is saying Episode told her they were likely going to release it as is in that quote, I think that seems to be what they’re doing. I also think the contract is still probably more complicated and limiting for both parties than either one is legally allowed to disclose.

2 Likes

But if that’s the case, Episode published content she didn’t finish, right? She said they would release it as is, and it seems like they did just that.

She probably still was working on it in the portal without much directing, backgrounds and overlays and didn’t edit it. And neither did Episode.

That’s not to say that it isn’t incredibly sloppy on Episode’s part though.

I still don’t have it on the app, so it’s also likely they’re still testing.

5 Likes

They said they most likely would for the most part, but the author also made it sound like she wasn’t too sure which I take to mean that Episode had control over the ending, like they do with other stories. Even the author was surprised with how they ended it.

1 Like

It was officially released- they posted it on the Episode page- but then it’s practically hidden. I can only find it buried at the end of my “popular on Episode” section.
It’s incredibly sloppy lol. Like… at least give it spotlight directing or something

1 Like

I just read it differently. To me, it was her saying “I’m not sure what they’ll do with the story but here’s what they said will probably happen,” because that’s when it was still a brand new feature.

I thought she was just surprised they released as is/incomplete? Not that she was surprised because the ending was different from her plans.

This is what I think happened too more or less.

3 Likes

That’s more what I meant. That I don’t think she was expecting them to release her unedited script as an episode lol.
I’m sure she would have thought they’d at least end it, or just release 17.

2 Likes

That really must be the case. Especially the automated times thing :thinking:

1 Like

That’s what I think. It makes the most sense imo.

1 Like

Episode own all the rights to it, including the plot, the dialogue and the characters, so they were free to do whatever they wanted to it. I think it was just laziness on someone’s part that caused them to do what they did with the ending.

Also, I just opened my version of the story and found changes they’d made to episode 18 in my own script… pretty sure they’re not supposed to do that.

4 Likes

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: ARE YOU SERIOUS??! Did you change it back? … Ohmigosh I feel violated for you…

1 Like

I deleted it. It was mostly just the warning about it being undirected, and some stuff to hide the characters… but again, I don’t think they’re supposed to make those changes to my script, in my portal.

2 Likes

The work experience kid made the adjustments in the wrong story :see_no_evil:
Just… wow…
I’m going to assume that was a mistake but they should have fixed it or told you.
I hope they didn’t delete anything.

1 Like

I don’t rlly get what happens when episode gets a persons story so sorry if this sounds dumb :sweat_smile:

But does this mean that if there’s a season 2 will episode be in charge of making it and the plot?

1 Like

Yeah… I don’t think so either :rage:

will you finish the original?

1 Like

Hi Cait! I’ve been trying to figure out how to contact you for quite some time! I LOVE “The Infected,” it is by far the best Episode story! All I ask is that you PLEASE finish it! Even if it means finding a creative way without getting in trouble with Episode due to your contract. I know me along with 2.5 million other people will be so very grateful! Thanks so much and keep up the fantastic work!

queenB