♥ the ranting thread. (V2) ♥

I have a good, inspirational thing to say to y’all too –

LIFE’S LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU’RE GONNA GET!

Rant

I’m super annoyed. Ya know when someone asks you for a cover to be done? Then your ready to work on it and just have a few questions for the customer. Then someone else comes in after the customer gave the job to you and says i can do it! See I already worked on it! and gives a cover.

Like wtf? I was supposed to work on it and then you decide to come in and do it without even getting an ‘ok’ from the customer!!! Ugggghhhhh!

this was probably really confusing for you to read…

My dear ranting thread fam,

It pains me to say this, but I’ll be keeping my distance from this thread for a while. I care lots about all of you guys, don’t get me wrong, but I already have a lot on my plate with real life, my own problems, and lots of drama.

I love reading through this thread, and trying to help all of you, but lately it’s been a source of negativity in my life and I can’t afford that.

If you ever need to talk, please PM me or reach me through kik, Skype, or Discord, I’d love to know how you guys are.

I don’t know how long this “hiatus” is going to take, so I can’t make any promises. But I will come back here sometime.

Best wishes,
Cam

ok!! We completely respect and understand that, I hope everything gets better for you and that you can come back soon! Take the time that you need ok!
hope to see you soon granda!!

Please take all the time you need!! You’ve already helped us so much. I hope you can sort through everything!

What?! People do that? That’s so rude. I used to have an art thread open on the old forums. Maybe you can try using google forms? I’ve been thinking of reopening my thread, and I use google forms. That way, nobody can see your requests. It takes a bit of time to set up the form but it’s pretty easy.

Damn, I think you might’ve cured my depression. Lol

I can relate to you. Both with sexuality and mental illness. I was unwillingly blessed with depression, self-harm, and ADHD. Wow.

I haven’t told anyone but one friend about my depression. My family always teases me about me “acting crazy”.

Rant!

how do I freaking cope with a bully? Now, please don’t say “oml bullies are for children haha”. LIKE NO. THAT IS NOT IT. It’s more of… My trigger. idk really, but lemme just tell everyone on the forums for everyone to see and judge. So, ever since… I think last summer 2017? June or so, THIS GUY WITH A BOWL CUT literally moves in the house next to me. Boom we’re neighbors now. Ok, first thing he said to me was~ ‘Hey.’. … wait, that’s not what I was trying to say, my parents were introducing him so he had to be nice in front of me and them. RIGHT AFTER they’re gone, he just puts on a smirk and says the c word to me. not crap, it’s the other one. If you don’t know what it is, you’re probably not old enough to be on this site. He said he was going to ruin my life, and then just added [c word] at the end. Week later, tomatoes on roof. next day, tp’d. Fast forward to December 2017, I was fed up with all the pranking, but it was the holidays so I thought, ‘he has to be celebrating, not wasting his time pranking me.’ but THEN, oh my gosh this was probably illegal, BUT HE WAS SO IMMATURE that he blasted fireworks into MY FRICKING WINDOW. I tell parents, they tell his, but he only gets grounded for using illegal fireworks and almost killing us. And he was only grounded for one week. OKAY IM DONE

is that even bullying anymore? that’s just illegal! call someone!

Ha… ironic and cliché but it turns out he’s a rich brat

you’re welcome ! just drink more water :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::heartpulse::v::two_hearts::sparkles:

Water???

Kill him. I’d rather go to jail than deal with an asshole like that.

yes it’ll cure your depression :two_hearts::sparkles: just drink water :see_no_evil::sparkling_heart::sun_with_face:

I tried that. Now I cut.

here are some paragraphs from a blog i found. please stay safe!!

major arteries, stay away from them

“Know where your major arteries and veins are, and be sure not to cut over them. It’s best to avoid cutting near them altogether, if possible.”

scars/involuntary hospitalization

“Be aware of where you cut, as it will leave visible scars. Self-injury is often criminalized, and fresh cuts can lead to involuntary hospitalization in some cases.”

metal allergies

“Be aware of the material your blades are made out of if you have metal allergies. Most blades are made with stainless steel to my knowledge, but it never hurts to check.”

first aid supply list

"Some of these may not be available to everyone, however it’s a good idea to try and have some around if cutting is something you do often.

Gauze
Bandages (including elastic bandages)
Antiseptic (bactine or 70%+ isopropyl alcohol are suggested. iodine can be used if nothing else is available, but be aware that they induce scarring and increase healing time. also if possible, rinse with warm water, and wait a day or two then wash it with soap as well.)
Alcohol wipes
Clean blades, non-serrated, preferably single-edge."

crisis situation first aid steps

"Sometimes, severe cuts or other injury can cause your body to go into hypovolemic shock. Shock is life threatening and can kill you. If you think you are going into shock, call an ambulance. Shock tends to make itself worse, so it is critical to get medical attention quickly.

Symptoms of shock may include:

confusion, restlessness & irritability
dizziness, faintness & nausea
pale, clammy, moist skin
hypothermia
cold & mottled skin, especially in extremities
rapid breathing
rapid, weak pulse
Treating shock:

Call 911
Lie down
Control external bleeding (see below)
Try to maintain body temperature. If you notice you are experiencing hypothermia, try to cover yourself with a blanket or something similar.
Do not eat or drink, even if you feel thirsty which will be likely.
Do not raise your head.
If possible, try to keep your legs elevated about 12 inches.
Bleeding:

If a cut won’t stop bleeding, first try pressing cloths, paper towels, or any sort of substitute bandage directly on top of the wound. Then, place a large object (like a balled-up sock) over the bandage, and wrap the entire thing tightly in an elastic bandage (or, if not available, gauze). Keep the wound above your chest and check in about 10-15 minutes. If it’s still bleeding, re-wrap it and go to an emergency room.

Infection:

Infected cuts are a big risk should you be unable to keep cuts or wounds clean. This applies to small cuts and wounds just as much as larger ones that may need stitches. That said, infection can be easily avoided under most circumstances.

If a cut or wound is infected, it will likely show some of the following:

Redness
Swelling
Drainage & Pus
Local Fever (meaning that the cut will feel hotter than areas around it)
Increased or Sustained Pain
Bad Odor
Not Healing
Should an infected wound go untreated, it may end up becoming a full-body infection, which can cause serious problems and needs immediate medical attention. Warning signs for a full-body infection are:

Fever (over 100°F)
Nausea
Aching
Those with decreased immune function should take extra care to prevent infection as you will be at higher risk. It is important to change wound dressings (bandages, cloth, etc.) daily, and wash your hands and the wound before touching the wound or applying dressings each time. If a wound gets infected, try to find antibiotic ointment of some kind (which you can get at most drug stores or some supermarkets.) If you develop a full-body infection, oral antibiotics should be taken (unless you have an allergy or they will cause complications for you). That said, it really is best to see a doctor or go to the emergency room in this case, but I also know that far too often it’s just not feasible, especially without a stable income, housing, or insurance. So please, take care of yourselves and don’t let something go too long without help if you can help it."

again, you really shouldn’t cut. it’s not safe, no matter how many precautions you take

This guy might need evaluation by a professional. It makes no sense to behave that way to someone he just met. Maybe he is just rich and spoiled, but maybe there is a condition affecting him that needs to be dealt with. There could be people at his (your?) school who can help.

It sucks doesn’t it. I remember going to my intake and that morning felt like hell. I wondered if every time I went to the therapist, it’d be like I died 10 times over…