The Support Thread for Continuing to Write

hey, I’m also going through the same thing can I pm you or anyone?

Hello? :skull:

Rude to ignore :eyes:

1 Like

Yes, of course :smile: This thread is open for everyone so people state their woes/what they’re feeling, etc. and others come to listen and help :blob_hearts:

1 Like

I’m so glad for this thread, seeing other authors like me make me feel like I’m not the only one,

To be honest I feel like a bad author I don’t know whether people like my story or not and I feel somewhat discourage when I see awesome stories posted on IG or like the readers put on their IG story saying “Check out this story by this amazing person” and nobody didn’t post anything of mine and I feel like my story is a joke, I even went back and check my story and nothing was wrong with it and I spend the whole morning thinking “Is something wrong with my story” or maybe my story isn’t fit for episode, its pretty much like a personal story I wrote for myself anyway

1 Like

Hey, I feel the same way and I look at so many blogs and articles and the threads up above there helpful but everyone writers differently and even if you do all of things it doesn’t it going to be as popular or notice as the ones that break the guidelines so many times or when you see the same stories over and over again cliche or non-cliche.

Stories with romance and sex sell quickly and cliches.

1 Like

Instagram is so fake.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

That’s so true

1 Like

You can do the right things and people still won’t like you’re story or won’t get attention but I see mostly authors do all of the wrong things and break the guidelines and gets amount of praises it’s ridiculous especially big authors when we all deserve a chance-- YOU BIG AUTHORS ARE NO BETTER THEN THE NEXT PERSON YALL WAS JUST LIKE ONE OF US NEWBIES. SO DON"T FORGET WHEN YOU CAME FROM!

1 Like

When I am in a negative -state of mind I just take a break from writing and read some stories episode or some non-episode stories too.

I’m trying to figure out what can I do too make my story better and what am I doing wrong?

I’m just speaking facts :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ll try my best giving advice :cherry_blossom: :blob_sun:

I’m sorry that you feel that way. First of all, I just have to share my favorite quote in the whole world:

“You see, in my view a writer is a writer not because she writes well and easily, because she has amazing talent, because everything she does is golden. In my view a writer is a writer because even when there is no hope, even when nothing you do shows any sign of promise, you keep writing anyway." – Junot Diaz :rose:

The thing about writing is it’s something you need to enjoy doing-enjoy writing. You need to have fun while doing it. For example, for me, I’ve been writing since I was 7-8 and even now, I’ve never really been noticed. But I do it because there’s people that I know who do enjoy (actually, even if there wasn’t any fans, I’d just keep on writing for me, it’s like I’m giving myself a cool birthday present.)

Anyways, your readers have total faith in you even if you don’t have faith in yourself. And actually, you should have faith in yourself, and keep going at it. It’s important to love your creations. You should never give up, and keep on writing, no matter what the outcome. At the end of the day, you have a cool story to read over (like I said, birthday gift). If you just want your story to only be featured, that’s no good, you need to be passionate about it, you need to try to love it.

#of reads or even # of attention doesn’t ever equal a bad writer. If you want to be a good writer, you need to enjoy writing and be confident in your story, even if no one has mentioned it yet. Never think there is anything wrong with your writing or that it is bad. If you’re feeling even the slightest bit doubtful, getting someone to review your story would help tons :nerd_face:

Just remember that all writers start at the beginning but because they don’t give up, they end up rising up. Sometimes even I feel like giving up but then I remind myself why give up when there’s only one person I’m writing for and only one person I need to please? Myself. Good luck, I have faith you can do it <3

DO NOT GIVE UP :100: :party_time:

1 Like

aww thank you so much for this :grin: many writers would want you as their coach :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

thank you for this thread.

2 Likes

@Aoi.okumura You got this don’t give up !!
We’re in this together :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I have give up on my first story but I’m not giving up on this one I’m currently working and might revamping the other one so technically I’m not giving up on that either even this one is my main focus and it’s my baby :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
@Aoi.okumura

1 Like

:grin: :grin: :grin: I don’t know what to say, but i did give up on my first story too, but i won’t give up on the second story, I will complete it, you too don’t give up @Sweetheart23

1 Like

We’re in this together you can always go back and revamp in make changes to your first story in the future.

We’re in this together @Aoi.okumura

1 Like

Agreed, wait check your insta @Faith.episode.cats

1 Like

Okay will do

Bump

2 Likes