Typing Overlay Question

Hellloooo :slight_smile:

I wanted to give my overlay the effect of it being typed out for my intro, I was wondering if anyone has some tips are tricks on how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Typed out? I think you’ll have to have each letter as a separate overlay.

Yeah that’s what I assumed :confused:

1 Like

I’m not sure there’s any other way around it.

1 Like

Hi @RoseyGomez I’ve moved this over to Directing Help & Tips. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s easy to do, just takes a lot of code to do it, this example types the word ‘meanwhile’ on the screen, with typing noises.

sound typing
@overlay CHAPTER create text |bold, color:black, outline:white| M
@overlay CHAPTER opacity 1 AND overlay CHAPTER shifts to 213 380 in zone 1 and overlay CHAPTER scales to 1.360 1.360
@pause for 0.1
@overlay CHAPTER clear
@overlay CHAPTER create text |bold, color:black, outline:white| Me
@overlay CHAPTER opacity 1 AND overlay CHAPTER shifts to 213 380 in zone 1 and overlay CHAPTER scales to 1.360 1.360
@pause for 0.1
@overlay CHAPTER clear
@overlay CHAPTER create text |bold, color:black, outline:white| Mea
@pause for 0.1
@overlay CHAPTER clear
@overlay CHAPTER create text |bold, color:black, outline:white| Mean
@pause for 0.1
@overlay CHAPTER clear
@overlay CHAPTER create text |bold, color:black, outline:white| Meanw
@pause for 0.1
@overlay CHAPTER clear
@overlay CHAPTER create text |bold, color:black, outline:white| Meanwh
@pause for 0.1
@overlay CHAPTER clear
@overlay CHAPTER create text |bold, color:black, outline:white| Meanwhi
@pause for 0.1
@overlay CHAPTER clear
@overlay CHAPTER create text |bold, color:black, outline:white| Meanwhil
@pause for 0.1
@overlay CHAPTER clear
@overlay CHAPTER create text |bold, color:black, outline:white| Meanwhile
@pause for 0.1
@overlay CHAPTER clear
@overlay CHAPTER create text |bold, color:black, outline:white| Meanwhile,
@pause for 0.1
sound off
1 Like

Thank you for this! I’ll try it out (:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.