What do you guys think about the new feature story”Prosecutie”

YES! I mean, if you find cases boring or don’t have an interest in them… why join law school???

5 Likes

Why even mix in that type of “high schoolish” behavior in law school? It’s so ridiculous and stupid. What type of person whose interested in law speaks like that? Episode tries but fails so terribly. Don’t do something you’re not willing to put effort and research into.

14 Likes

Thank you for this forum, now I know which story I’m never going to read.

The title made me cringe harder than expected :^)

5 Likes

To save you the trouble, don’t bother reading the original. Like you said it’s full of plot-holes (minimal research was done) and so very cliche. The entire relationship between MC and the professor is a just a big joke. Especially with the ending.

9 Likes

I highly doubt anybody actually paid for that :joy:

2 Likes

And they shouldn’t have to. jaildnlkvudonjaldu vn weadfnkj kdfwiakl

RAGE QUIT

1 Like

Lol. I quit reading the story right when i saw the default characters as extras :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

I can sorta understand defaults as extras personally, I mean…they’re given for a reason?

I wish they would have given us like a SINGLE default character to do as we please. THEN there’d be no excuse ^^

1 Like

I hate gems choices, tbh.

3 Likes

This story had the most useless gem choices I’ve ever seen in a featured story before…not to mention the fact that they costed 30 gems.

2 Likes

I’m not saying it isn’t immoral. I’m just pointing out that it seems to be a preference for people to shame studentXteacher stories compared to falling in love with killers stories. In my book (no pun intended) a consensual relationship between adults no matter if they are studentxteacher is nothing compared to falling in love with a murderer.

People shame studentxteacher stories because often more than not they are illegal . This is beyond morality debates and whether or not 30 year olds should be dating 18 year olds. I’m not sure how much time you spend on the forum, but we do actively speak against the glorification of gang leaders/killers just as much, if not more. There is no need to derail the conversation at hand. We can discuss the harmful ramifications of teacherxstudent stories while also being opposed to romanticized killers, it’s possible.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is “Assassin: Femme Fatale” not a direct example of this? Why bother arguing that murderers are worse than predatory teachers if you write about both?

Public threads that directly address this concern

Let's Talk About... Kidnappings In Stories
Episode Pick your Poison: Part 2

21 Likes

It finally on my app with new title, but it reset…
So you earn free gems over again?? Interesting

Should have stuck with ‘Court Me’, is was punny and sounded cuter

1 Like

That’s my point exactly. TAFF is exactly that, yet I have gotten little to no hate for it. I’m just stating that it’s odd how there is such a huge difference between those two categories, especially since The Teacher shows nothing illegal happening, while TAFF shows multiple killings, backstories on drug empires etc, and I get zero hate for that. Some critics of mine have even praised that story.

I’m not derailing the conversation, I’m pointing out the hypocrisy while also continuously reminding you that student-teacher relationships are not illegal in the state of New York (where my stories take place) if the student it over 17 years old and consenting. If you want to keep pointing out that it’s “more often than not illegal” then at least stop using my story as an example.

You also told me you only read chapter 1 of TT1 so you wouldn’t know that nothing happened between the teacher and the student until she graduated anyway. You mentioned grooming and while that may be the case for some of these kinds of relationships, it’s not the case with my story and they end up happily married with no regrets.

Also, I’m not on the forums a lot, I mostly see discussions on these topics on Instagram, especially in the comments on Episode’s posts so I probably did miss some of the discussions you’ve attached in your reply. I’m just saying that on Instagram and in my DMs, I get little to no hate on TAFF compared to TT1, so there’s clearly a preference when it comes to critiquing stories.

Once again, I think the reason stories like these do well on the app is because they’re so unrealistic and unlikely to ever happen IRL. That is also why I am calmer about writing them. That being said, I respect if you can’t be and want to believe that my stories actually cause the people reading them harm. But I’m sticking to the guidelines, I do my research and believe it or not, I do include consequences for making bad decisions in my stories. Like the teacher losing his license to teach when he chooses the MC.

I think I’ve said my piece. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Its Women’s Day (8th March) today and Episode is releasing all these type of stories. Real empowering, dear Episode :expressionless:

11 Likes

Not all women think same, your vision of empower may not be to other women
just saying

2 Likes

Thing most annoying to me beside teacher or professor and student love is how college, law school is being portrayed
Is not high school!!

2 Likes

Maybe I just can’t read, but I thought this thread is for the new “Prosecutie story”? In my initial response to you and throughout the rest of my responses I am referring to this story. I only raised your “The Teacher” as a response to a specific part of your post.

Again, was not using your story as an example of illegal relationships. I was referring to the original version of this new featured story where the relationship is illegal. I know this because it is very clearly addressed in the story. I don’t claim things are illegal without having my facts straight because none of my posts come with a malicious intent.

Just because a story does well on the app doesn’t make it ok. I am not saying you are implying this, but I would like to clarify this. Saying that predatory teachers taking advantage of younger students is an “unlikely and unrealistic thing to happen IRL” sounds pretty privileged to me. Teachers (often males) abusing their position of power and preying on younger students is a reality for many, and it is not as pretty as these stories make it seem. Not everyone falls in love and gets married with no regrets.

I do not want to spam this thread, so before I end this I would like to remind you that this is not an attack at you. Nor am I blaming you for normalizing teacherxstudent stories on the app. But I do think it is important that we as a community, understand that with this platform comes responsibility. There are children 13 year old, or sometimes even younger reading our stories. To me, personally, it doesn’t seem like the best message to send to them that dating a man who is almost double their age is okay. This is not to say that large age gaps are necessarily bad, but I fail to believe that a 17 year old has fully mentally, developed to the degree where they can rationally decipher a man’s genuine intentions. There is a reason predators target younger females. Sending this toxic message may not be anyone’s intention while writing on the app, but these children are at a very impressionable age. They are very receptive to everything they consume, and eventually normalizing this culture of grooming (not saying your story does this) will have its repercussions.

22 Likes

:metal:

4 Likes