What do you look for in a story?

Thank you for your input! :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

1 Like
Summary

I don’t care about CC.

If the story has a good plot and it keeps my attention,it can be choiceless.

No more than 3.

I don’t like the Horror genre.It’s not because of horror itself,I’m a big horror fan myself,however Episodes guidelines make it almost impossible to make an actual horror story.

Over the years I’ve read stories in all the genres,I’m willing to try anything. (unless it’s a Mafia story I hate those)

As long as the directing isn’t painfully basic.

I did,for an early access,but that’s only because I had them laying around,otherwise I don’t do gem choices.

Around 15ish.

I’m gay myself so I do like having my male MC have a male LI,but if the story forces a female LI if I choose male MC I go with female instead.I’ve been on this app for years and since 98% of MCs are female,playing with a male one can also be a fresh experience.

No.

A good plot with well written characters,esp the MC.

1 Like

Does CC matter to you?:
Kinda? It’s heavily preferred, but if the story is really good then I can handle not having CC.

How interactive do you want a story to be?:
I prefer the stories I read to be interactive af. This doesn’t mean you need 1,000 choices per episode - but things like tappables, mini games, etc help me stay interested.

How many LI’s in a story do you prefer?:
One, two at most.

What genre would you never read?:
Honestly? I’d give any genre a try, it’s not really that important to me.

What genre would you read, only under certain circumstances?
I tend to stay away from horror. I don’t dislike it, but it’s not a go to.

Do you like stories with advanced directing?:
Absolutely

Have you ever spent gems on a community story? If yes, what type of choice was it?:
Early access and extra outfit options.

How many chapters do you usually want a story to have?:
I binge read, to I prefer a long story. Between like, 50-60 chapters?

If given the choice do you play as a male or female?:
Female

Would you spend 5 gems to be able to add to your character glasses/piercings/moles/freckles?
Maybe? Probably not tho.

1 Like

Does CC matter to you?
I like it, but I’m not opposed to stories that don’t offer customization.

How interactive do you want a story to be?
Personally, I prefer small dialogue choices once or twice a chapter, but also read a good amount that have developed choices.

How many LI’s in a story do you prefer?
1, but also love when authors offer the option of ending up with 2 love interests, bc that’s just incredible hahaha.

What genre would you never read?
I don’t think I would ever cross a genre off my list, although I certainly have my preferences.

Probably sci-fi, it’s just not really my thing. I would read a story if it had amazing reviews, or sci-fi elements but was primarily a drama, romance, etc. Might get hate for saying that, but never claimed to not be basic.

Do you like stories with advanced directing?
Oh for sure haha.

Have you ever spent gems on a community story? If yes, what type of choice was it?
Oh yeah, all the time haha. I’m not really pro-gems or whatever… butttt am easily temoted when given an option to max out LI points, skip wait time to binge, see previews, etc.

How many chapters do you usually want a story to have?
I love super long, drawn-out stories. I have this thing where I hate reading the last chapter bc ending things is sad :pleading_face: so I like longer stories that postpone this haha.

If given the choice do you play as a male or female?
Usually female.

Would you spend 5 gems to be able to add to your character glasses/piercings/moles/freckles?
My first instinct was “no”, but then again… - I’ve surprised myself at the amount of things I’m willing to blindly throw my money at hahaha.

2 Likes

Does CC matter to you?
I love CC and if I’m being honest, I prefer to customize the characters. But it’s also totally fine to me if there’s no CC!

It actually doesn’t matter to me. I can enjoy stories with no to less choices and stories with a point system, etc.

One or two love interests are perfect to me. I’ve read some stories that had 2+ love interests, which I don’t mind, but it is just that it’s going to be hard for me to choose :joy:

As picky as I am, I like to read every genre, with of course preferences.

Tricky question :thinking: People may think of cliché’s with this question. I don’t mind cliche’s in every genre, as long as I can’t literally tell what is going to happen next.

Advanced directed stories are amazing and I’m always impressed by the work. I like it, but sometimes it just gets boring to me. I don’t know what it is :sweat_smile: I just want to focus on the storyline and the characters, not on the overlays that keep moving and stuff.

Have you ever spent gems on a community story? If yes, what type of choice was it?
Are Episode Orginals community stories? :thinking: I don’t think so. I’ve only spend some gems on those, but not on stories from authors from the community.

No preference. Sometimes less chapters fits for a story, and sometimes a lot chapters.

I’m all in for that more stories need a male MC, but I always play female if there’s a choice, simply just because I am female :blush:

I don’t have any of these, but if I had, then absolutely not :joy:

1 Like

Does CC matter to you?

• Nope. I will use it if it’s available but if it’s not that’s okay to. But I kinda hate limited CC. Either give us full or none.

• I like when it reads like a story. I hate choices that matter it bothers me too much. The point system is a pain. So very little to no choices are fine with me.

• None or 1.

• Horror or thriller

• Action and adventure

• Kinda. Some is okay but if it’s a lot it’s a turn of to me.

• Nope and I won’t.

• 30-50

• Female. I just feel more comfortable seeing the story through the female gazebo

• No. I’m not gonna waist my money on stuff like that.
1 Like

Does CC matter to you?
It used to matter to me a lot but now limited cc or no cc is fine to me and I even have them in my stories.

I like choices matter stories but I don’t really like mini games

I like 1 Li stories best because they feel really developed, but I have some favorites that are more than 1

Thriller or Horror

Mystery not because I think its bad, I just don’t read a lot of them.

Yes of course, I don’t actually think I’ve read one without advanced directing (not on purpose)

Yes I don’t read episode originals (I get gems from taking surveys) so the only reason I have to spend gems is to get stuff for community stories lol. Used on: support the author, bonus scene, early access, getting extra outfits, etc
I want it to be 30+
Probably male, especially if there’s a M/F Li
Yes absolutely because the author would have to make multiple of the same outfit except for there’s one with nothing, one with freckles (possibly picking how apparent they are), one with glasses, one with a nose piercing, an eyebrow piercing, and ear piercing, and one with moles and then there are the ones you could layer. Then you have to add the branching for each one of those every time you choose an outfit. If an authors willing to that it shows real pride in their work. I know everyones looking at it as a useless cosmetic choice, but it really isn’t and its for only 5 gems? Its not like I have anywhere else to really spend them, and then there’s the fact that episode characters almost never have these in the first place. I’m not really “stingy” with my gems, if I have them I’m spending them (its not like I paid for them anyway).

1 Like

Thank you so much for answering :blue_heart:

1 Like

Does CC matter to you?

• Depends! I can read a story with no CC as long as I like it! But I want to say that I prefer CC anyway!

• I don’t really care, choices or not, it doesn’t really matter for me.

• I prefer to have one!

• Maybe Mystery, Hollywood, Drama and Adventure.

• I don’t really know. If I find a story in a genre that I don’t usually read, that is good, I’m going to read it. But it never happened to this day… lol

• I only read advanced directing stories! I find them more pleasant to read. I know, for some beginners (like me) it can be difficult to perform advanced directing but I think a story with advanced directing is better than basic directing.

• Yes! It was a support choice.

• Depends! Of the genre mostly. Horror stories with like 5 chapters are good! But if I read like, a fantasy or romance story I would like it to have maybe between 12 to 35 (that’s the highest I’ve read rn). But generally, not too short but not too long as well.

• If I have the choice, I will chose either male or female. I like to play as both, even tho, there aren’t many stories with male MC!

• Never!!!
1 Like

Does CC matter to you?

Yes and no. I will read a story without it as there are many I love with no CC but if they option is there for full CC I will take it. I prefer it usually because I most of the time don’t like the look of the original characters. But limited CC is something I hate since it feels like it should just be none at that point a lot of the time.

I don’t mind a story that isn’t interactive but recently I have read ones for the R&R contest that are super interactive and all the hard work clearly paid off. But if interactive includes timed choices then I would rather not. Also mini games can be annoying if they are included too often and makes me feel pressured.

I am a one man/woman girl but I will occasionally read ones with multiple LI’s if it is a game show type of story.

I mean there is no genre I wouldn’t necessarily read but I usually only read romance stories.

I guess the ones other than romance.

Yes but again this depends what you define as advanced directing. I have seen people class advanced directing as something I found really simple to learn. :woman_shrugging: But I have read stories such as ones by authors who help others on here with directing and their stories are amazing and I couldn’t imagine how much coding that must be. :flushed:

Yep, I spend gems on people who agree to read mine and spend gems but I also did it for a friend once to help her story after all these gem rules. All these were support the author.

I think this depends on the story. Some people really drag on their stories and end up ruining it. I like chapters that are around 20 minutes so probably 20 -30 chapters is ideal but some need to be longer and some are meant to be short stories.

If you had asked me this awhile ago I would have said female but I have been reading some stories as a male MC and it is a nice change.

Nope. I usually don’t want those features on my characters so I definitely wouldn’t do it.

1 Like

Thank you so much for answering! :blue_heart:

Does CC matter to you?
Yes, but sometimes I get lazy and don’t care.

I want some choices, but they shouldn’t be completely unimportant ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I like multiple since sometimes the main character can be a jerk or a douchebag or just not my cup of tea. I don’t want some kind of cliched story like 2 brothers fight over you or something like that doe.
Maybe it’s because generally I like to read reality TV show kinda things but I also like the point system since then it’s more believable…

I wouldn’t never read it, but I don’t really read fantasy genres, mainly wizards and witches and stuff since the overlays look cheesy and it just seems badly executed on Episode compared to TV shows…if that makes sense
I’m also not a fan of the cliched cheesy romance teen drama, it’s just not my cup of :tea:

idk, mystery? I’ve read 1 mystery book on episode before and it was really good, but I just don’t like mystery that much ¯_(ツ)_/¯

YAAASSSS, as long as it doesn’t glitch or slow down anything, advanced directing is always fun in my opinion.

Yes, but it was one to unlock the next episode since there was an 11 hour lock and I was impatient rip my gems

12-20? I don’t like series with long chapters since I’m impatient like I mentioned before ↑

Female because I am a female. I’ve encountered a story that lets me play as a male before, but it was in forums i think :slightly_frowning_face: :frowning_face: :cry: :sob:
I would like to play as one as a one-time thing to see what it’s like

no, i don’t care about my looks since im playing as a digital character, it just seems pointless to add stuff if it isn’t going to affect the story

1 Like

Thank you for answering :blue_heart:

1 Like

Bump!