What keeps you motivated/happy to write?

Hey! What keeps you guys motivated to keep writing? Sometimes, I find that in the middle of writing I get bored, demotivated and start disliking what I’ve done for my story, and sometimes even delete/remove all the codes/script or whatever I did.

So, some advice and ideas would be appreciated!

6 Likes

Try to remember why you started writing in the first place. I also like to review my favorite parts of the script and lastly, take a break if you don’t feel like you want to code. If you force yourself, eventually you’ll snap and never code again.

8 Likes

Oh! That’s good advice!
But I feel like I take long breaks already ^^’
Mostly when I get demotivated I either try to figure out what I could do better or just leave for a week, however, sometimes coming back leaves me more blank and unmotivated. ^^’

2 Likes

Hmm… you could try getting encouragement by showing someone else your script for a proofread. It might help to hear someone else’s opinion. If all else fails, try fixing up your station. Get some snacks and then on your favorite show in the background.

3 Likes

Showing someone else my script may be a good idea but I’d get too anxious, it even took everything inside me to post this XD
Putting a favorite show may be a distraction but I do like the sound of snacks XD
Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to answer!

4 Likes

What helps me write is Music and art, sometimes if I don’t have inspiration than I would usually paint something while listening to Sub Urban’s Music or just stare into the unknown I mean my backyard but what works for me most is by playing hockey so I would usually say that you should do something that You love to do

5 Likes

Also, IS THAT FLORA FROM WINGS CLUB?
I haven’t even thought about that show in a long time XD

3 Likes

I tell you,I’m writing my first story and when I was writing alone I found it difficult and I wasn’t so motivated,I’ve found 2 girls with whom I’m writing with,the base plot is the same bu we’re sharing ideas etc and it makes me more motivated,maybe you can try to work with someone else

4 Likes

Hmm… I do like reading but I’d get immersed in it, I can’t paint or draw so that can’t be an option.
I play badminton, I guess doing something physical would help my brain take a bit of a break and then get back to it sooner! Thanks!

3 Likes

Working with someone would be great! The problem however is my fear of judgement ^^’
Plus the plotline I’m working on is historical fantasy which a lot of people don’t really like and possibly might not understand what I’m trying to do ^^’

5 Likes

Glad I could help or you can just lay on the grass outside,put on your headphones/airpods/earphones, play your favourite songs and stare at the clouds but you should always have your pen and notebook just in case you get some inspiration :blush:

4 Likes

Maybe you can ask,someone could be happy to work on this story with you!
I think it could make you more motivated cuz,when I started and also now I have lots of difficculties with codes I think that if you find someone to work with,someone with whom share ideas and make changement with could make u write a better story!
Try and ask girl, I’m sure someone is intrested in your story,in your plot and to work with you!

5 Likes

I love historical fantasy but there might be a author who also likes historical fantasy and also is lacking inspiration they might be out there just keep your hopes up maybe the universe will surprise you :blush:

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to do that! But would laying in bed do the same? I don’t think laying in the grass is an option for my allergies XD

2 Likes

Awwh, well, I hope it does!

2 Likes

I’ll try my best!

2 Likes

Yes it can also work but with out being disturbed by siblings/family members because you will loose a your inspiration

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ll make a great story!
Let me know when you publish it!

2 Likes

That’s a good point :thinking:

2 Likes

I will! You’re so nice!

2 Likes