Whats essential for a good romantic comedyđŸ„

I need some feedback on what type of things you find funny in episode stories, like for example you love characters that are sarcastic in a funny way and make loads of sarcastic jokes or maybe a player that acts dumb. Or a massive drama queen.

4 Likes

If you need some ideas/inspiration read Kayla Sloans’ stories. Infamous, How to be Funny, Ice Ice Baby, Wardogs, and more. She is very good at writing romantic comedies.
I would say don’t try really hard to be funny, just let it come naturally to you because the readers will obviously know. Watch some funny comedians you like? SNL? I don’t know sorry, I don’t write comedy stories. hope that this is somewhat helpful :smile:

4 Likes

Read Kayla stories. They are funny (even sad) and overall the best stories

3 Likes

Here’s what I would find funny in romantic comedies.

• When characters emphasize certain words (this can be achieved with text effects).
  • Humorous actions
  • Sarcasm at times
  • A character gets kissed on the cheek and then faints.

Here’s a helpful tip: try to let the humor be natural, and don’t try too hard to be funny.

3 Likes

THIS! Forced humor will never be as funny as natural humor. Make it flow with the story and fit with the scenes it’s in.

1 Like

I know! omgg

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

be yourself and let it flow natural :smile_cat: