Why are backgrounds that need overlays to be used released without the overlays?

I want to use the EXT. GRAND PARK PARTY background but there’s no chair overlays? how can episode expect us to use a background when the overlays aren’t there? its my biggest pet peeve. I now have to go made the overlays by myself, which takes almost an hour mind you. the magic wand tool on photoshop can only do so much and almost every time i make an overlay i have gone round every part of it with the eraser tool to get smooth edges, i know damn well the concept artists that make the backgrounds can give us overlays much easier than this so why are they never there??? IM IN THE TRENCHES FR

3 Likes

Exactly! this is also a huge pet peeve of mine, they KNOW we will be needing the overlays and it just makes it hard for us to use them without the matching overlays :frowning_face:

2 Likes

@ColeCatalyst does have a drive of a lot of overlays that weren’t given to us, just in case of another time you could check to see if it’s in the drive.

The one you were looking for isn’t there though

2 Likes

Its actually incredibly stupid, the artists who make the backgrounds probably draw in layers, so giving us those overlays is so easy i truly cant think of a way not having them benefits episode at all

2 Likes

Yes, I took a list of backgrounds that had things in the way of usable space for characters and cut overlays out of them. If there’s one I missed, comment on my thread and let me know which parts you need and I’ll get them updated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

its great that you do that but the issue is you shouldnt have to they should be there from episode anyways lmao

3 Likes

I agree, but since its rarely the case that they give them to us, and they do give such nice backgrounds I figured someone should just make some for everyone.

Also, I just finished the EXT. GRAND PARK PARTY backgrounds overlays, so I’ll be uploading them in just a minute. :slight_smile: edit: uploaded and in folder named EXT. GRAND PARK PARTY - DAY link in my thread :slight_smile: I named them via the portal art catalog names to make things easy to find for everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes