Why does Miss MJ make her female characters SO WEAK

Callie wasn’t a virgin and neither was Alexandra and Charlotte.

3 Likes

Well whoever made Enchantress
It was a good idea but made poorly

1 Like

I don’t know Sofia and Alexandras stories because I don’t really read featured stories. Also I don’t follow her stories 100% I just skim on youtube sometimes lol and I see the same types of characters. And I said they’re either a virgin or shown to be inexperienced compared to the men (there’s nothing wrong with that)but it’s constantly a point made in her stories and unnecessarily emphasized hence why I mention it. It’s so formulaic honestly.

I disagree, and many points you are making are proven wrong in her featured stories. Maybe you should read them first? Also, why read if you don’t enjoy it?

1 Like

It is.

4 Likes

I agree with tea time. Sofia and Alex are boss lady’s. “Weakness comes frome somewhere”
(Char for eg had such a sad past)
Besides, I love the fact that we have an author we can reach when we want to read mafia’s stories.

3 Likes

Pretty sure it was Miss Monarch.

The problem is the fact that there are so many different types of weakness. Sure, it’s fine to be helped by the men in your life from time to time. Actually, mental strength and resilience is the thing that really needs to be in female characters. They can be the boss of a company. They can be sassy and rude, but if they don’t have that mental strength, they’re always gonna seem weak.

7 Likes

exactly and she always tries to mask this issue by making the main couple fight a lot and get into arguments but the thing is the guy always ends up winning and having his way no matter what.

8 Likes

Don’t agree at all. I get that the genre of story is not for everybody, i personally love it. what’s wrong with women in their early 20s being virgins or inexperienced? Also, they don’t just stay as house wives… I’m sure Sofia is a doctor, Alexandra has her own resteraunt, sierra is COO of black enterprises and char is a teacher.

2 Likes

No one shamed them for being a virgin or said anything bad about it. And it’s the fact it so continuous to see women vulnerable and weak all the time with her stories and many others. We need more stories that show is being strong because we are. Constantly showing as cowardly without men around is messed up. Especially since those men are jerks and unlikable and sexist.

7 Likes

If I continuously see in MULTIPLE episode stories of the women being inexperienced and the man being treated as a God I am going to think it’s repetitive, overdone, and this type of mentality that that normalizes men being players needs to stop. There’s nothing wrong with women having multiple partners but in her stories when charlotte even talks to another guy she’s not allowed to do that but Riccardo can straight up watch topless strippers (and he’s given credit for not sleeping with a stripper by miss mj and her fans like wtf is this?) like it’s no big deal.

7 Likes

Issa troll. I just found out by their profile. They only commented to get a rise out of us.

3 Likes

What doctor love interest? :open_mouth:

The friend’s older brother. Sean or Shawn, I think.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure his name is Sam (just quickly jumping into your conversation here, hehe).

I agree that weakness is a subjective matter, however I do find that Miss MJ makes her females characters weak. I believe Alexandra isn’t as weak as the others which is great at least but the few moments of ‘Alexandra Power’ as I’d call it just don’t justify the other women being weak the rest of the story.

As for why she potrays most of the females characters this way… Well, I believe it’s because it sells. She has a lot of young readers who are younger than 13 years old and I just don’t think they find it problematic because they’re, well, children. When I was 13, I didn’t think of things like that. Not once did it ever cross my mind at that age and I believe it’s because I was inexperienced and I simply didn’t know that women weren’t supposed to be always portrayed as weak or less superior than men.

Edit: Also, I think her fans like the plot (and the Romano men because she makes a big deal out of them being oh so hot, sexy and mysterious (because that sells, too!)) and unfortunately, I think many readers don’t see behind the plot and the Romano men - they simply don’t really notice the weak traits that most of the female characters have which is why they don’t find it problematic.

9 Likes

I agree with a lot of episode stories having cliche ‘weak women’ but I believe hating on Miss MJ is wrong. A little off topic but I was watching something the other day and the main female lead was desperately trying to talk to her “bf” and he told her to buzz off. Then she was hospitalised and he left her a note at their home and didn’t pick up any of her calls from the hospital. The note said “I’m staying at work for a while. Love you.” But he clearly didn’t and then every other character was satisfied with that. Like oh he said he loved you even though he has no regard for your health or happiness. That’s all good. The female characters in a lot of episode stories remind me of that.
“Oh the bad boy gangster mafia leader bff player rich boy was mean to me. Oh wait he left me a note that says he loves me! It’s all okay! Let’s get married! Oh wait I’m pregnant! Better hurry.”
Like seriously. If I was in one of these stories I’d pack my bags and leave. I wish more female characters would stand up for themselves and show the alpha men who’s boss.
Where my girl power at?

8 Likes

#GirlPowerMatters

4 Likes

:raised_hands:

2 Likes

Very true! Alexandra Bailey was a boss! I think generally a lot of episode women are shown as very weak and immature though. They have a lot of domination by men in so many stories which I think is what we should really focus on. It was uncalled for to draw attention to one author though. @episode.anon Especially when she really did try to show different types of women. Callie I would agree with she wasn’t very strong and did let Trey walk all over her. You should ALWAYS build authors up with supportive critism not knock them down.

Also let’s remember that even with Callie that was her first major episode story that most people know. She wasn’t a fully rounded writer, so I don’t think we should judge her on that at all.

7 Likes