Writer's Portal Update: Emoji Are Here! 😄

Hello Episodians!

If you’ve placed your :eyes: on our :book: Library section in the Writer’s Portal, you may have seen a new category

EMOJI!

Emoji can now be added to your readerMessages, speech bubbles, thought bubbles, narrator boxes, comments, Input boxes, and choices!

You can choose an emoji from our handy Emoji Widget in the library panel, or have them autocomplete by beginning with a “:”.

Emoji will appear in the Writer’s Portal previewer as black and white outlines, but will appear in full color in the app everywhere but choice boxes.

A note on this feature: you may see unexpected issues within the Writer Portal (slower search functions or emoji appearing improperly in the Previewer) on older or less powerful devices, however, emoji will appear as expected when reading your story on the app.

We hope you enjoy adding these to your stories! As always, if you have any issues with the Writer’s Portal or this new addition, please send us a support ticket, this helps our team make fixes!

With Love,
Episode

129 Likes

omg yay

5 Likes

Omg love this update :joy::heartpulse:

4 Likes

Nice.

2 Likes

Finallyyyy I’ve waited for soooo long

2 Likes

Eh, nothing new

30 Likes

As much as I love this update I fear for the future of writing. Guys, please don’t put these emojis in dialogue. If you ask me, they only need to appear in text message mode or readerMessages. Please don’t use them in your narration or dialogue because if I see a ”Jason didn’t show up to our date :slightly_frowning_face:” style of writing I’m not gonna continue reading. Please don’t abuse this feature. Respect writing.

87 Likes

I didn’t even know I wanted this? :laughing:

Nice!

4 Likes

Im only using these for text messages and nothing else, but this is very cute.

14 Likes

Woahhh!! Okay, this is pretty cool, but I wouldn’t use that many emojis in my script.

9 Likes

In my opinion these will only look good in reader messages :thinking:

20 Likes

I will flip my sh- shih tzus if people start using these too much.

18 Likes

THANK YOU!
I don’t like this update because of this :weary:

9 Likes

Aaah!!! This is amazing!! Honestly all we need now is accent marks (for other languages)!!! :laughing:

3 Likes

Right.

Authors finna be like:

Hey! :wave: welcome :door: to my first :1st_place_medal: story :blue_book: thanks :kissing_heart: for reading :open_book: hope :pray: you :see_no_evil: enjoy :joy:

61 Likes

WAIT WHAT! Ekkkk

Totally agree, and by the next minute “portal experience bugs”

3 Likes

Omg. All these stories are going to be bombarded with emojis. I refuse to read a story that has too many emojis in one scene and sentence.

giphy

This explain why the portal is bugging out. Every time there is a new update, the portal goes haywire, and the issues are never resolved :upside_down_face:

36 Likes

Same!!

1 Like

Ikr.