A Quick Question

So, my question is can we use songs in our stories? My character, Bailey is a dancer and a singer. I was wondering if she can sing songs but without the audio, of course. Can she sing the lyrics? Is that allowed on Episode? Unless, some singers we can use but others we can’t.

2 Likes

I noticed that several authors use lyrics in their stories and I don’t know if I’ll get copyrighted, just because I have the lyrics and there is no audio.

1 Like

I’ve definitely seen real song lyrics used in other stories and they haven’t been reported so… I guess it’s fine?? I’m not entirely sure but I know for a fact that some authors do this, if that’s any help to ya :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I mean, I guess that’s fine. LOL. Will the obvious singers like Taylor Swift, Cardi B, etc that have copyrighted songs, can I still use the lyrics?

1 Like

You’re only allowed to use 4 (or it could be 5- I’d need to check) bars/lines of a song per episode as per the guidelines

1 Like

I’m considering to do lyrics from the Greatest Showman, I know you can use those songs but can I?

Like I said, you can only have a character say a max of 4 (stick with four to be safe) lines of a song per each episode. If they say/sing more than that you could get in trouble

I used some lyrics in one of my stories :slight_smile: I made a note after that what song it was and from whom it was… so it should be ok with all songs that you want to use :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh yay, well I guess that’s fine. I’ll just have to think of a way to do that. Perhaps, giving credit to the original artists? Oh, I’m sorry if I sound like I wanna break the rules but I’m just curious. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Hm.

I just checked the forums, you’re right. Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Sydney_H You can close this, it’s been solved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries. I’m sure you can just add in narration that implys he or she sang the rest of the song or something

2 Likes

I’ll do that. :wink: Thanks!!

2 Likes

Topic closed by OP request. :smiley: