Blonde's have more fun, so what do redheads have?

It’s a super lame title, but I couldn’t think of what to put :laughing: But anyways, to anyone who is a redhead, do you enjoy having red hair? I’m asking because I’m a natural brunette and I’ve recently began thinking about trying out red hair. My mom, dad, and brother have had red hair when they were younger and I feel left out :sweat_smile:

No, but seriously, I wanna see if I can pull it off. I’ve dyed my hair plenty of times before but I’ve never been a redhead. Or at least a natural red-color :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

Im not a natural redhead but I had my hair dyed red for a while :weary:. And let me tell you red is very high maintenance no matter what type of red you do sadly, I had it for about a year and a half before I dyed it black.

Blondes have fun and redheads have trauma :rofl:

Pic

6 Likes

I second this! :raised_hands:

I’m also a natural brown but in crisis I’m a redhead. Something usually happens dyying the holidays and I dye my hair red so it ends up working out. I personally like how it looks, I’ve been doing it for years.

Pic

6 Likes

I’m a natural ginger, so allow me to share some of my experience! We get lots of compliments about our hair, especially from women. I personally really like my hair color, though it took me a while to learn that, as a lot of redheads end up being teased or harassed at one point or another. X.x

As for your question, perhaps it’s that we’re weird? A lot of the redheads I’ve met and seen have a bit of a quirkier side to them, myself included. :joy:

6 Likes

as neither a blond nor a redhead but with plenty of both as friends, this makes so much sense :joy:

5 Likes

Dyed my hair every colour going, makes no difference to lifestyle!

2 Likes

I wanna dye my hair like an auburn reddish color, but I’m afraid if it’ll look good and since my hair is a dark brown and I hate bleaching it myself, I’ll have to go to a salon and get it done.

This makes sense :laughing: My older sister, when i was younger, I remember her being so weird. But I can’t say much about that because everyone in my family is an oddball.

1 Like

Me, a proud redhead: My time has come

Having red hair is a mixed package. Some will think that it gives you extra beauty, others think you are a freak of nature. I have been picked on for my hair, but I am generally praised for it. My mother, on the other hand, faced a lot of bullying growing up due to her hair. (It was the 1980’s, but still). She had “little orphan Annie” hair, just to get an idea. Insults included: “Freckle Face”, and “I’d rather be dead than red on the head”. I have never received this type of insult, but I have never lived in a small southern town in the 1980s. When I was younger, my mother made a point of always making sure my hair looked pretty so that I would not have to deal with what she dealt with.

Redheads are often seen as either one of two things:

1. Leprechauns
  2. Vampires

Redheaded characters in media are a messy, mixed package. Women tend to have their “otherness” sexualized (Jessica Rabbit, Poison Ivy), while men and boys tend to be portrayed as “weird” and “dorky”- but rarely in a positive way. (You actually often see this pattern in minorities as well, but that is another story.)

I could probably write an entire essay on the positives and negatives that come with having red hair, but I will try and leave it short. It heavily depends upon the shade of red you want. Mine is darker “auburn”, but there are a lot of shades ranging from fiery orange-red to Anna from Frozen. Because you naturally have brown hair, I would recommend a darker, more ‘auburn’ shade as it will probably look more natural.

4 Likes

What colours have you dyed your hair? I think you can pull it off. I would start with the dark red (the colour you want to go) first to see your vibe and maybe move your way up to a brighter red if that is what you are going for.

I dyed my hair soooo many times it is so bad :sob: I dyed ombre blonde ( just the ends), then a pinky magenta then brown. Took a break and decided to dye my full head red! I had to keep dying my hair because the roots looked so bad when it is black (my original hair colour) But red hair makes you feel so powerful for some reason :sob: :joy: But I was a redhead for like 2 and a half years and now I have my black hair back and my ends are like a dark brownish kinda wanna go back to red hair now :joy: :sob:

Literally, for any type of red, you have to redye it back like 1-2 month-ish, even when you dye it black the red will still show in the sun :joy:

That is so freaking true!!! :sob: :rofl: :rofl:

You look so good with red hair, It really suits you so much :heart_eyes:

The stagesss

Oop you missed out :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Dude no kidding mine would fade after a month and I did permanent red hair :sob:. No one told me it was high maintenance and I learned the hard way sadly :melting_face:. And that second part is so true because I have it black (more of a blue black atm) and the red still shows up :smiling_face_with_tear:

The last two pics are currently what my hair looks like dyed blue black but it fades quickly as well. I dyed in the beginning of January and whenever I shower it still lets dye out :moyai:

1 Like

Oh my gosh :worried: I had no idea redheads got so much hell about their hair. I am honestly so envious of redheads, it’s such a pretty color, no matter the shades.

Yeah, I’m leaning toward that just to be safe.

2 Likes

I’ve started, actually, dying it my hair black for a few years. I actually dyed it bright, bright red before, I had a bluish-teal color, then pink. I was blonde for a while.

I was planning to do that, dying it auburn and then seeing how I like it. Maybe go lighter if I think it would be good.

I feel the same way about dying my hair in general. It just makes me feel fresh and a new person.

I love the color in those first few photos. It’s so pretty.

1 Like

Omg permanent is way better than bleaching the hair. I had to bleach my hair 2x and I have long hair too :sob: Literally same here I thought it would just stay red like that and fade 4-6 months later not in weeks :sob:

I wonder if we can bleach our hair and dye it black would it still appear red :rofl: blue-black hair is way better makes the hair look healthy :joy: :blob_hearts: but I hate it when the dye keeps washing out :sob: :melting_face:

1 Like

Ooouuu I like that hair phase with different varieties :joy: :blob_hearts: But yeah you should definitely do that maybe you can do a hair strand sample before you do hair to see how it would be, then go for it.

It does for awhile but then after we get bored and maybe I should try this colour next :joy:

Thank you! My hair is hella damage now :chef: :joy: :blob_hearts:

1 Like

I’ve had long hair since I could remember but my senior year of high school I decided to cut it into a bob … not a Karen bob :rofl:. Shoulder length and I haven’t grown it out since low key miss my long hair. I’ve been debating on bleaching my hair but I don’t know how it’ll react with all the dyes I’ve put in my hair over the years :sob:.

I’ve done blonde for 7+ years, to doing ombré hair, going full brunette, back to blonde with brunette roots, to purple, to blue, to pink, to platinum blonde, back to blue again :smiling_face_with_tear:, then doing a blonde money piece (like Egirl type), to red for 1 & 1/2 years, then to my current color which is black. I’ve been aching to do a money piece again :face_with_peeking_eye:

Red and Black hair dye I used lol

2 Likes

I haven’t dyed/bleached my hair in 4 years but I’m sitting here like:

8 Likes

Omg thank god you didn’t do a Karen bob cut :sob: :rofl: I had the dora hair cut when I was growing up :sob:

You should use Plant of Life Rosemary & Cator OIl it helps with hair growth and split ends, I use it for my hair lashes and brows as well. I have been using it for almost a year now it takes time but it is so worth it! I got mine from Amazon. :joy: :joy: It would probably turn out to be a weird cool colour from all those dyes :joy: :blob_hearts:

picc

Woahhh that is a great hair journey :joy: I wanted to do the money piece but I don’t think it would look good on me lol but the blonde is such a good colour. I wanted to dye my hair ashy blonde but I don’t want my hair to fade out to a weird colour later :sob: :joy: I never saw that hair product by L’Oreal before they hella cheap :joy: Also I box bleached my hair 2x!!! I def do not recommend :sob: :pouting_cat:

Dyes I useee

These were years back ignore my crusty nail polish :sob:

:joy: :joy: Take them notes Sydney :sob: :rofl: :blob_hearts: :blob_hearts:

3 Likes

I usually get my supplies from Sally Beauty :face_with_peeking_eye:, in my town a single box of dye (the kind that I get) costs you around $15 and an extra 3$ for taxes. I have thick hair so I sometimes have to get 2 or 3 boxes of dye to cover my entire hair :sob:. I wanted to go the box dye route but I heard it’s harder to remove because you don’t know what type of developer it comes with :sweat_smile:

This made me laugh :sob::joy: but it’s true aha

3 Likes

I got my curl wand from Sally Beauty :joy: Omg I have thick hair too! Those boxes of dye that you sent look like it has a lot of power in them tho :sob: I usually go for the big boxes they are like 15 bucks for me plus the 2-3 tax :sob: Frrr I only did it because I box dyed my hair in high school and I couldn’t stop if I go to the salon oh god it will be so embarrassing :sob: :face_with_peeking_eye:

Made me laugh too! Like we helping out with our hair stories :joy:

1 Like