Body Types in Stories

I think it’s probably never going to become a thing, but I really wish they had a body type option in the character creation. I know they’ve made rounded out faces and whatnot. But, tbh, I think it looks weird to have a fuller face (i.e. the “double chin” face) and a stick thin body. It’s just odd to me. And I feel like it would make for better stories if everyone isn’t the exact same body type… not every guy has a 6-pack and not every girl is super small.
Just saying.

Plus it’s super weird to portray older people or young children. Especially when the old people have 6-packs and the “little girls” have adult boobs.

23 Likes

yaaassss same thoughts exactly

2 Likes

I mean, really. I see people talking about having more diversity in their stories… but everyone is exactly the same with different facial features / skin color… and don’t get me started on the nose options… Idk about you but I’ve never seen a nose that’s nostrils point up that far…except on Botched (a plastic surgery show that fixes botched surgeries).

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: nahh i get you on the body type and i think htye should add more features for older people like more visible idk crow feet and what not around the eyes or like idk eye bags whatever makes someone look older

2 Likes

I know right? It’s hard to make a believable older woman who has the body and face of a 20yr old with grey/white hair.

5 Likes

thats what we call a milf though :joy: :wink:

3 Likes

True, true. Lmao!
Also, could they, now go out on a branch with me here, could they please release a shirt that isn’t cropped? Who wears a crop-top turtleneck?! And socks. If the pants aren’t going to touch the shoes to give the illusion of socks… could they at least give me the option so I don’t cringe when I’m making a character? Shoes-socks=ew.

6 Likes

omg yasssss i could tell you dayum well rn i dont own any crop shirts crop sweater none of that…they should add like rockers tees and all that beanies… lmao shoe socks could be cute with like a skirt

2 Likes

I am working on my first story and picked LL because I liked the style when I read stories in the app. And naturally, my curious nature got the better of me. So, I decided to make a practice script and try out INK. (I did the “create a story” in the app just to explore the app.) and was like OMG so many options! And it has more than food props! lol. And there’s so many animations, backgrounds etc. I’m not a huge fan of the character features, but they work for the art style. lol Wish they’d make some more fashion variety. Not everyone is Sl*tty Suzy with the tiny mini skirt and thigh highs. What about the stories that want to feature rockers, 20’s flapper girls… or hell, they have pin up curls… but where are the pinup dresses??

Edited to add: I made a practice script in the writer’s portal. The in-app thing sucked.

4 Likes

haha same working on my first story shit hard as a mofo but its fun…but then i get distracted…or i go back and change the whole thing…and then i end up hating it and just delete the whole thing… and omg yeah i mean im a hoe lmao :joy: but i sure as hell dont dress like one i dont ever fucking wear skirts or crop tops…and yes i agree pin up and greaser etc etc

1 Like

Right? LOL
Why can’t they just make the ink stuff into LL stuff? That would make things so much easier. I’m writing a sort-of who-dun-it/mystery-big-bad type story and it’s taking me soo much longer because there are certain animations that just don’t exist. Like why can’t my person trip and fall on her face? And who tf thought up the “flirt bite finger” animation… it’s weird and if anyone bit their finger while trying to flirt with me, my mind would immediately go to Dahmer.

2 Likes

omg yaass ink to limelight clothing the only reason i like writing in LL is cuz it more realistic but shit sucks ass cuz youre limited…and im trying to do a drama but im so bad at writing i can never decide…i do my best work when someone is there just to give me advice on things when i ask them…like i feel dependent on a person for me to do better if that makes sense…and lmoa yeah having them fall on there face would be HILARIOUS as an animation…lmao i bite my knuckle when im talking to “hot” guys but i mean it makes sense its just the way the eyes look that make it weird i mean if the eyes didnt do the shit they did then it would look “normal”

1 Like

Exactly! It doesn’t look anything like a flirty interaction. It looks like they’ve got a hangnail.
I write my best at night after my 4mo goes to sleep. lol he’s a handful!

If you ever need help, I know I’m new, but if you need someone to bounce an idea off of or feel like you’re stuck you can PM me on here and I’ll happily help. :slight_smile: Us, newbie writers, gotta stick together! lmao!
My little guy has woken up, I’ll be around! Have a good night! ( I didn’t realize how late it was. I deleted an entire 200 lines of my script and am starting a section from scratch…so much coding… lol my brain needs a break!)

1 Like

omg same i can only at night because my 1 year old nice who stays with me most of the time does not let me be on my laptop she wants to sit on my lap and just type away as if she knows what she is doing and then when i try to touch not even type just touch my laptop OMG you should see the tantrum she throws…i wish she was 4mo again…

Same for you new too but if you need to throw ideas around or what not holla at your girl or (i got to self promote) check out my two threads

Hahah good night get some rest :metal:

1 Like

I have a 9 yr old, too. It gets easier. lol I’ll check the links tomorrow =) goodnight!

I know right. Like it doesn’t make sense when they call a skinny person “fat” in the story.

1 Like

They actually replied to these requests. They are probably doing it but they would have to re-draw every single outfit to match up with the bodies. They said this on Instagram.

4 Likes

Really? Cool. I’m new, so I wouldnt know. Lol I wonder, wouldnt it be easier to make it’s own new clothes? I know quite a few curvy ladies and not one of them would wear a crop top or a super skimpy skirt [NO BODY SHAME INTENDED, one of my friends is a plus size model and she is beautiful inside and out. ]

4 Likes

I would not know. But I guess we will see when it happens :smile:

2 Likes

I have a character in mind [a guy] who’s parents got divorced, he eats his feeling [guilty lol I’m not big but my 2am brownie will eventually catch up to me lol] and gains a lot of weight, is picked on about his weight by a frenemy and develops an eating disorder [have no intention of glorifying or even showing this part but eluding to it delicately in the script (i.e. I’m over that dangerous little habit and I’m healthy now type. I had an ED when I was 7 and it lasted until I was 16. I’m now** healthy but it was a rough and awful spot in my life.)

But, it’s hard to show the characters physical change (not describe it) if he has a 6pack in a flashback. Hes supposed to be a little on the bigger side than everyone else.

4 Likes