Can Canva images be used for editing?

Hey dear episode community! :cherry_blossom:

I have a important question for you guys regarding Royalty Free Images (Copyright Free Websites) as I like to edit backgrounds during my free time I mostly use the images from the websites: Pexels, Unsplash and Freepik. (Copyright Free)

I make sure that all the images are not owned by a third party before using them.

But back to my question: Are we allowed to use images from Canva for editing and publishing on other websites like here on Episode Forum, or are the Canva images protected by copyright and therefore not allowed to edit and publish? Thanks in advance for any helpful advice! :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Some people tell me
We can’t use it or you can editing not similar as canva sis

1 Like

Thank you, because I didn’t know that, and I don’t want to have any legal problems with Canvas.

1 Like

I used from google dear but sometimes i edited again lol

1 Like

If you’re posting on Instagram or the forums, it’s fine, but you can’t use the photos for monetary profit. In other words, you can’t earn money from the photos in Canva. The photos you use from sites like Pexels and Unsplash can be used for monetary profit, but you need to make changes to the photo.

To clarify, if you’re using Canva solely for editing photos, you should be okay to make money off of them, but you should check the terms of service and whatnot just to be safe.

2 Likes

Thank you, does that mean as long as I take the images from canvas and edit them, am I allowed to share them here on this platform if I got that right?

And if I take an image from Pexels and turn up the brightness, can I still post the image?

Moved to Art Resources since Feature + Art Suggestions is for requests to the development team.

Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @Sydney_H !

1 Like

You can still post the edited images as long as you’re not profiting off of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

The images Canva owns can’t be used if you make money off of them, but if you post them online you can use them. So if you find a photo, edit it, and decide to post it online like here on the forums, you should be safe.

1 Like

Sorry for my late response, thanks for the clarification on using Canva images. :innocent:

1 Like

Alright thank you :innocent:

Of course! Hopefully, I was able to answer your question well enough. I know all this copyright stuff can be really hard to understand. X.x

1 Like

I know this can be downright horrible but you did a great job explaining to me how using Canva relates to images for the Episode Fourm platform etc. :innocent:

Thanks again :rose:

@Sydney_H can you please close this Thread? I have my Answer now :smiling_face:

2 Likes