Dear Ink Writers.... (An open letter from a LL author)

I had been to episode since the classic style, once they introduced new style, it’s already a sign that the last one will not update further. When ink was introduced, I don’t like it because it’s too cartoonish. And classic was not updating anymore. So I leave episode. And now I came back and I use LL. so it’s goes in the same way, ink will not update anymore and ink authors shall stop crying about it. Even how many times you complain or plead it won’t update anymore just how it does to us classic styles before. You’ll end up accepting it. Plus it’s true that ink has way more better stuffs, so author should maximise the use of them. Episode team isn’t forcing you the LL style , they just entice you by showing new things and it’s up to you to try new Or stay on your usual style.

No Hate.

1 Like

They have been more than Transparent. Liz has has repeatedly said its gone and they are focusing on limelight and the new software. Yall just want to ignore it like its going to change lol Which is why everyone is so annoyed with the constant complaining. How many more times do they have to say it. They could make neon sign thats in capital letters saying Ink is over and yall will still cry a month from now asking where are the updates. Just accept that the company is progressing. The software Ink was on was outdated and useless. They upgraded to bring all the new things people been asking for. Better skin colors, better clothes, better animations, ect They cant do those things on the software the ink style was running on.

2 Likes

Okay, Episode is not obligated to keep updating anything. They don’t have to update the portal or anything. Be grateful that you have the stuff you have. Episode is providing us a service and for free. It literally cost nothing to write an episode story. And the fact that episode creates all this new content, just to constantly be shit on … smh. Some of y’all act like you are entitled to have more clothing or animations. You’re not. Episode is not updating INK anymore. And people are honestly gonna have to get over it because there’s nothing we can do. You can still write in INK.

3 Likes

They certainly have not been transparent. On the old forums, I actually had to appeal to them for an explanation for a rumour that was spreading to get any information. They’re now copying and pasting the same response on the forum whenever asked, but they haven’t actually made a post to clear things up. That means that only the people who ask get an answer… if they’re not being ignored.

If they just did a post explaining, I’ll think you’ll find less people would be asking about INK on posts like this.

3 Likes

I can understand that. Yea they usually just talk on the forum or in someones replies. So if you arent looking for the answer you prob wouldn’t find it. One final big post across all their platforms would probably clear up some confusion.

1 Like

Yet they don’t reply to everyone. There have been many, many instances in the past year (since I asked them originally) that I’ve had to tell confused people what I found out.

Also, a year is a long time to keep copying and pasting the same response. I completely understand people who assume somethings changed since then. If they don’t want these questions, a “what’s happening with INK?” post will quell all but the most stubborn of people

3 Likes

Idk who Alice is x3 but looks better in INK
LL is defiently being forced i like certain features but INK has been asking for those features for yrs( fantasy for example)…most LL arguements are “thts just the way it is get over it” while classic died out ppl dont want tht to happen to ink also…when stuff like this happens to LL the cycle will repeat

2 Likes

I think after limelight gets some updates they MAY update ink. I personally love ink and limelight, I don’t write in limelight but I still like it.
Everyone has their own opinion. :woman_shrugging:t5:

That sweater update was a meh as you only got 3 colors for it and for the sweater and jacket.

2 Likes

Just a question, why it is so important your avatar stays as Alice? (I’m not trying to be rude or anything; I was just curious. ) :email:

Because she’s the logo for my stories and appears in every story I do

1 Like

oh ok

I feel the same way. My story and characters will not look good in LL. The characters look so flimsy. Ink as a style fits really well with all genres.

2 Likes

I actually would have trouble deciding whether I liked INK or Limelight better, but now since Limelight has so many animations and seems to fit better with the backgrounds and overlays, I’ve started to use Limelight instead. I used to think it was ugly, but my opinions changed. I think Limelight needs more eye colors and hair styles. Also they have the thing where most of the eyes have a ring around them.

3 Likes

I completely agree. I support both ink and LL and don’t understand why authors are lashing out like that :woman_shrugging: Ink still has more clothing options than LL and they need to understand that LL is going to be more used when more options are out. Ink writers need to focus on ink, not on what’s happening over in the other style :weary:

6 Likes

Here is what I want to say about LL. LL has more hairstyles, hair colors, lip colors, more skintones and more eye colors than INK already. I am not saying LL should not get updates. Clothing and maybe even features is something it may need updates with but that does not give any reason for INK to be pushed aside. INK is still loved by many. Ink users may have an idea with the outfits released in LL and it is pointless writing the whole story again in a new style just for some outfits which Episode can add to INK but they are a business and following that line. They are try to bring out a new style with these new styles and more colors so people hope onto that wagon and use them. Limelight may be new but it has a lot more than INK has after few years of being releasing and Episode constantly updates the clothing for LL or adds some new feature.

3 Likes

It would be nice if they updated all of them, but they said that they don’t have enough resources to support them all. I really love all the styles

4 Likes

LL has less hair styles than INK, INK has more facial features, INK has more eye colors, INK has way more clothes.
LL is new and The Episode Team came and said relating to their app, readers actually prefer limelight.
They need to update their new stuff first.

5 Likes

I am here like “why not both?”

:sob::sob::sob::sob: however, LL needs the new updates first as it has limited features in some areas that INK is rich in. It’s only fair.

2 Likes

I know INK has more clothes and like I said Limelight needs clothes and features to be updates.
Limelight has 32 hairstyles for females and 11 eye colors. INK has 54 hairstyles for females but out of those not all can be used on everyone, like the clown one or the chinese hairdo, a lot of them look like they for more older people and INK also has 11 eye colors. I never said Limelight doesn’t need any updates. It does. But Episode can update INK once a month and update limelight thrice a month since they release updates almost every thursday.

2 Likes

They are a business and when a business launches a new product they do everything they can to sell that new product first but what they don’t realize is if they leave out on INK (a very popular style even after limelight getting frequent updates) they will loose a lot of writers, who also read a lot of stories on their app bringing them income.

4 Likes