Episode is Updating Our Content Guidelines

@Liz Does this mean that once the reviews settle down, the trending section will eventually go back to being updated daily, or will it be updated weekly from now on?

12 Likes

same…

2 Likes

Can I please have some more clarification on the “consent” aspect of the guidelines? Is this in every single sexual situation that a reader needs to have a choice to decline it? Or is the “through content” meaning that if the characters in the story are consenting on their own, then that voids the need for a “choice”?

12 Likes

Like a good 75% of the stories will have to be changed if they actually are going to do something.

I have one scene I need to change due to this but it’s understandable for the extreme stuff.

11 Likes

yeah, a lot of stories that have what is in the new content guideline, they have to change.

6 Likes

From my understanding, these apply to Story Cards (covers) only.
Censor bars are allowed to be used within scenes in the stories, as long as it is not in a sexual scene.
The Episode logo is allowed within backgrounds & overlays, from my understanding.

16 Likes

Thanks, it really confusing trying to understand some things.

5 Likes

Yeah. A couple of the things in their new guidelines are contradiction’s though. I’ll grab quotes in a little bit but it’s quite confusing

8 Likes

It’s probably about the characters consenting

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

25 Likes

I think if they are in underwear or it looks provocative then they may be removed

2 Likes

I am not clear what this means. Does this mean genres will be combined, or that only a few stories will show up in each genre? If that is the case, it’ll be harder for smaller authors to get noticed.

20 Likes

Now, in my LGBT+ story, there isn’t going to be a lot of romance scene. Just kissing scenes, sleeping with clothes on yes, and that’s maybe it.

4 Likes

That sounds fine! I wouldn’t worry about that :smile:

2 Likes

same my story is MORE ACTION than romance. XD

4 Likes

Literally can’t wait to read it :laughing:

4 Likes

Approved. A kiss in the scene you’ve described is not sexual. They’re fully clothed, not in a bed, not touching in an explicit matter; there is no reason it should not be approved. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

So speaking of action stories. Stores in the fantasy section that have weapons in them like swords, shield, etc. Are they still okay to use?

3 Likes

Thanks! See? I’m not really a good romance author, I like to keep things simple and not too sexual.

3 Likes

I’ve just realised profanity now has to be censored out. How time consuming and what words do they consider profanity?

12 Likes