Episode is Updating Our Content Guidelines

I don’t know…I suppose you could show the suffering of low income families under the current government, or maybe a shop owner struggling with business because of brexit…I dunno you need to ask the moderators

1 Like

This is what I’m thinking :persevere: like I read through them and I was like this isn’t so bad. But then I read the comments and now I’m so confused. It seems like everyone is interpreting it in a different way and I really need someone to dumb it down for me :joy:

4 Likes

I keep seeing people saying their going to lose the stories they like reading and writing… Unless you were reading extremely detailed sex scenes and descriptive violence. There a difference between “I held her in my arms, her clothes stained scarlet.” and (descriptive warning) Like something that says “I pulled the bloody bullet from her skin and a grotesque rip echoes in my ear. Her skin so chewed it looked like piece of meat at the grocers. When I look down at my hands I see warm dripping blood sliding between my fingers,.

Violence and sex can still be referenced they just don’t want to take it to that next level. :woman_shrugging:t3: It is 13+ after all.

14 Likes

Yes! I have autism and dyslexia and the wording is just impossible to understand

The Episode Guidelines as I Understand Them I mean I made this thread where I attempted to explain. (albeit not that well).

2 Likes

Do you want help to check if you have “problematic” scenes? We are here to help each other. Maybe you don’t even have to make so many changes as you think. Don’t make important decisions while you’re upset. If you need help, I’m here.

4 Likes

I was wondering about that too. But it does say it’s in violation if it " excessively promotes a political agenda" which leaves some room for interpretation. It doesn’t say you can’t take ANY political stance. I mean, the AW contest yielded lots of stories with specific positions, as many dystopian stories tend to have. Some of the winning stories address classism and authoritarianism, as well as biases based on physical health and appearance. I think it may be the sort of thing that’s determined on a case by case basis.

6 Likes

not really.

2 Likes

I think so. It’s almost impossible to erase all political opinions from a story, I just don’t think they want characters supporting “specific” things.

Ex: You couldn’t have characters wearing MAGA merch and chanting “Make America Great Again!”

7 Likes

I understand that, a month is a short period of time, particularly if you have to redo covers/art scenes. You had fun because you have a passion, I’m sure that taking some time off will only remind you how much you liked writing!

Also, thank you!

6 Likes

So I could mention brexit. Like I have a scene where one of the doctors is fighting to keep his trial going. I really wanna talk about medicinal cannabis and how it helps certain conditions like epilepsy and cancer but I have put a warning before the dialogue

2 Likes

I’m not upset. writing episode stories are just not my thing anymore.

3 Likes

That is so true! I felt really unmotivated back when they changed the ranking and my story dropped from 10 to 1234. A time off really helped me.

4 Likes

BAHAHAHA we hate trump booo! Maybe like that isn’t allowed?

2 Likes

Oh, I got it. I just wanted to make sure.

I think all that’s ok. I think liked “named” movements or people is where they draw the line.

1 Like

Save the coding of your story just in case episode make an mature app don’t let your hard work and money go down the drain. I really understand your frustration.

3 Likes

My story s based of politics and now I don’t know what to do.

That’s what I interpreted from reading. :smile:

I think it is.:rofl: just dont turn every chapter into a political discussion and you might be good to go. I mock Trump every chance that I get.

3 Likes