Episode is Updating Our Content Guidelines

College crush and hair Reaction both depict sex. Why aren’t they removed? Or does it only apply to non popular stories?

3 Likes

Episode said the new guidelines will be enforced for even THEIR stories by Oct 10th.

1 Like

I’m really happy with that, my only problem is the fact that we’ll all start from zero and this is unfortunate. But I like the idea of having a different app for more mature themes, my only question is, how will Episode know if there’ll be younger users?

4 Likes

That would not be Episodes responsibility. Episode has a responsibility to clearly state the age appropriateness and insure that the content within the app is, indeed, age appropriate. However, beyond that, they cannot be everyone’s parent and make sure kids are not “exploring” an app which CLEARLY states the content is for ages 13+

5 Likes

I’m betting now that Chain Reaction won’t be changed.

4 Likes

You can always put it in your story, just not the cover.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s true. Let’s hope that they’ll start working on it soon!

4 Likes

Rather stoping us to write why dnt you make app only for mature people as your gems are not bought by 15yrs kid maximum aythors are 20+ only and story should be restricted to kids simple coz as a writer you are asking us to write a story for toddler coz only them dnt knw about sex and assualt

3 Likes

LoL :rofl:

She addressed this.
They are contemplating a NEW APP for OLDER TEENS

2 Likes

LMAO! haha!

2 Likes

Can people please read Liz’s post and the guidelines before commenting? So much false/misguided info is getting spread by people not reading things right. :woman_shrugging:t2::sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I’m a little confused regarding the violence attribute of the guidelines…
I’m currently working on a BC era story and I want to put a battle scene in it. Eg a war with swords etc. And also death because well it’s a war… So am I not allowed to do that now?
If so this really limits people’s imagination and creativity to produce a well written story. My story is BC action and romance so I feel kinda screwed now …
And by the way ancient times didn’t have protection so not sure how my Characters are meant to demonstrate safe sex
I have no idea how to write my vision for the story without breaking some rules.
I don’t mind the swearing one but the nudityand violence/blood/weapons ones I don’t fully get it??
I’m not sure how to write the action scenes without breaking the rules or making it sound lame? :joy:

1 Like

You are allowed to use violence, just not too much (for example having the war for every scene). You can talk about death but not show the dead bodies

4 Likes

Sheep intestine condoms. That can be their protection. :joy:

5 Likes

It starts Oct.30

1 Like

its October 10th according to their instagram

1 Like

Okay so you get the point, they haven’t been enforced yet this was a warning.

1 Like

Thank you! That now makes sense.

2 Likes

yeah but it doesn’t make sense on their part. Why would the approve something that won’t be allowed in less than a month?

1 Like