HOW TO: Different Types of Zooms

If you were like me, you saw these amazing, soft zooms in some of your favorite stories. You may have thought to yourself, “wtf my zooms don’t do that what is this sorcery.” Well, you’re in luck because after some intense searching, I found out how to do it. Anyways, here it is:

@zoom on X Y to % in S using easing_function

Example:

@zoom on 497 295 to 160% in 2 using easebouncein

If you don’t know the list of ease functions, here they are:

Ease Functions

Note: This does not work with @zoom on CHAR to % in S

I haven’t been able to find a thread like this, but please tell me if there is!

35 Likes

After some intense testing i’d learned how to do it I mean that’s for me but this is extremely helpful! :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you! Glad to help!

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

oops- well, when I first started episode and wanted different zooms, I didn’t search for easing functions so whatever :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol, it’s fine, I just wanted to link this topic since you asked to tell you if there was another topic like this :grin:

1 Like

Ha ha, thank you for linking, OP, I think it’s cool how we both used easing_function with a _ in the middle, I thought I was the only one who did that since I haven’t come across anyone else who uses that to talk about easing functions (they use something else), great minds think alike :joy: :sunglasses: :heart:

2 Likes

Well obviously, they’re just not cool enough like we are to use underscores :joy::sunglasses: I just do it because I don’t like using spaces when explaining coding as it can seem like two words. Also, one word is a big nono :joy::woozy_face:

This is an absolute live saver! Thank you!

1 Like

No problem! I just remember when I was new searching on the forums “different types of zooms” and finding nothing. Glad to help!

Wtf- I didn’t even know this :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Heyyy! Thank you so much for sharing this with us and for helping me! I literally couldn’t find it anywhere after a long time of searching but you saved me. Lots of loveee <3

1 Like