Is my intro too long?

Hey! I’ve just added a trigger warning and sound message to my story, but I’m not sure if its too long! If someone would be able to just take a look and let me know, that would be amazing thank you.

1 Like

I guess if you have to ask the question, maybe it is. It may be fine but if it seems long to you then, trim it.

Honestly, to me it is fine. But, I know other readers may be more impatient than others so I just need to know if it is perfectly timed or not, lol.

As for me, I am an outlier. I don’t like long introductions, customizations, disclaimers, just hurry up and get to the story.

3 Likes

I think the best warnings are the ones that are direct: This story contains depictions of Domestic Violence and Assault. This story contains gang violence, depictions of Mental Disorder Name and the effects it has on Character’s life. This story contains strong language that may not be suitable for younger readers.

All of these sentences tell you exactly what you’re getting into and don’t leave room for anyone to say “you didn’t warn me that the Mafia story would have ACTUAL mafia crimes in it! I’m traumatized now”. Nope - you saw the direct warning and continuing to read is on you (the reader).

If you still feel like it’s too long and would like me to summarize what you have - feel free to PM me the text :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same lol

1 Like

I feel like it’s too long based on the fact it’s an overlay and it fades in! If you would still be willing to have a look for me, that would be amazing!

1 Like

Sure I’ll have to do it a little later today but I can check it out :slight_smile: Send me the link?

Thank you!

I am happy to take a look if you would like?

That would be amazing! Thank you :heartpulse:

if you want! for the first episode, do your intro, and then for the rest make it optional to view.

1 Like