Let's Talk About... Asian Voices!

This week’s month’s shelf is in celebration of Asian and Pacific American Month. Since they will be rotating the 6 stories that are showcased each week, I’ll be editing this topic to add to it, rather than closing and making a new one each week

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

• Always by earlgreaytea
  • Adventurous: Beyond the Shore and Through the Sea @Cee @Jae_N
  • Waverly and the Pirate Prince by ThereseOnEpisode
  • Second Sight by Aya Mandapat
  • IDOLIZE by Hui
  • MC: Ancestors by sleepycatzzzzz

Week 4

So which ones have you read? What do you like? Does it fit the shelf? Does it fit the genre? Do choices matter? Who would you recommend it for? Etc, etc.

22 Likes

I just saw the banner (?) for the shelf aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa finally all kinds of Asian is there :cry::sob:

From what I see, all stories fit the shelf (since the requirement is either Asian author/Asian MC). Some fit both, which is what I’d prefer but this is nice as well.

Kelly: Revenge has been on my list for a while… so I’m just gonna check that first. I’ll be back soon :relieved:

4 Likes

Wow, I’ve read three of these already :smiley:

I read the Cocoa Exhange a little while ago. I got one of the bad endings though hahaha, but it was still enjoyable even though I knew I was failing. If anyone wants a quick read, I’d recommend this story. But I’d also recommend people to pay attention to, or else you’ll get the sad ending like me.

Blooming is one I read back for the College Days contest. Very smooth directing, mostly light hearted with likable characters. I think there’s a really good balance between romance and friendships in this story and choices do contribute towards relationship points.

New Life Abroad is the most recent one I read. MC moves to Indonesia and it’s about her new life there, hence the name. And I just got to say I LOVE the new covers

It’s like 70 something episodes lol! How quick do you read?

4 Likes

I read pretty quick oof. I’m just gonna check out the first 10 episodes then comment ^=^

2 Likes

I’ve read New life Abroad, and I adore the characters in it. I was having a bit of a Culture-shock when reading it.

3 Likes

I’m already reading “Kelly: Revenge”.

I thought she was white?

1 Like

After episode 26-27, the asian trait starts :yum:

1 Like

Oh really? I never knew that.

I enjoy your story very much. It’s incredible.

1 Like

Wait… it’s Asian History Month now?!

Guess I have to get my k-explotation out quick!

Dare to Dream. The main character is asian (and so is her mother) and I’m pretty sure the author is asian too.

It’s also a really cute story. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

i read this one a longgg while ago for a r4r and i’m really happy that it got featured! it’s such a good story and it deserved so much more recognition at the time that i read it. i’m so glad that she’s getting that now! :grin::star_struck:

1 Like

I read Blooming.

Very nice story and amazing directing. It’s very lighthearted and I found myself drawn to the characters instantly. I would definitely recommend it. :black_heart:

2 Likes

bump

So, I was pretty sure I had read one of the stories on the shelf. I’ve read Love Scenario, but I read the INK version. I have it listed under romance in my little notes, but I can see how it’s adventure as well. Does fit the shelf, but I do consider the story more of a romance rather than adventure.
I’m not a romance fan, so have no current plans to continue Love Scenario. However, I recall the smooth directing / advanced directing.
Both the Li’s could be considered bad boys depending on one’s definition of bad boy.

2 Likes

I hadn’t read any of these until the shelf went up, but I find I’m really enjoying Senior Year. It’s so weird in the best way. Really funny.

1 Like

Did they mean to take this shelf down after one week?

1 Like

Uhh, well… sometimes it disappears for a few minutes when they change the stories around. I’d check back in half an hour and if it still isn’t up then we should strike or something :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

It’s been a few hours already. Maybe because it’s still early in San Fran they don’t even know it’s down yet?

1 Like

:grimacing: Sounds a lot like their incompetency showing then. They have been dropping the ball with shelves lately. Maybe they meant to take down the Adventurous one and f’d up? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Ohh, that’s very possible.

1 Like

And I hate that it is :upside_down_face: Come onnnnnn @Episode pick up your game

1 Like