Opinions on full or limited CC? [Poll]

I’m currently writing a story and I am wondering what people thought of limited character customization vs. full character customization. I’m going to do some art scenes where the characters are in their default looks. I’m currently doing limited customer characterization (I haven’t started coding yet). I’ve read stories where the author states that the characters will be in art scenes and the character will be referred to a certain race if you change skin color. I would probably do that. Also, for my story the main character and love interest are most likely going to run away (they’re both adults) and the police will be after then. I would probably have a character say that they are looking for a person and gives a general description. They would say the default look (Caucasian, brown hair, blue eyes). But if I gave the readers the option to fully customize the characters and they change the skin color and other details, they will no longer be the description that the person will be looking for. I was thinking of if they run away, I’ll have the characters on screen (on the episode when the police would be looking for them) and ask the reader to choose their race, eye color, hair color, etc. before the story begins. I know it would be complicated, but I would use gains with this.

In general, which do you prefer for character customization?

• Full character customization
  • Limited character customization
  • No preference
0 voters

For my story, which would you prefer?

• Full customization but say there are art scenes and other characters describing the default characteristics
  • Full customization but say there are art scenes and have the readers choose the character’s characteristics in a chapter that will be describing their appearance
  • Limited customization (can’t change hair color, eye color, or skin color)
  • Limited customization (can’t change hair color)
  • Limited customization (can’t change eye color)
  • Limited customization (can’t change skin color)
  • No preference
0 voters