Petition on Gem Choices

Attention episode community readers/authors

It has come to everyone’s attention recently that Episode is making community authors put gems choices in their stories which have never included them before. They are making them do this in order for their stories to have better rankings which is very unfair for both the reads who aren’t able to afford the gems and the authors who don’t like putting gems in their stories.

As well as the new VIP option not many like. If we band together to sign this maybe we’ll make a difference. Please spread the word.

Please view the link below and read what it is all about. Let’s make a change for our community.

Gem Petition

14 Likes

I signed it! Their gem choices are unreasonably expensive. 32 gems for a dress? No thanks. If it was 5 - 10 that would be okay, but 20 -35? I just can’t do that!

1 Like

You should have set the goal higher than 200! So many people have signed already! :blob_hearts: :blob_sun:

1 Like

Bump :sparkles:

2 Likes

just signed and shared!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! I personally did not make this petition but please feel free to comment on the petition so the owner can update the amount! Thanks again.

1 Like

Signed it! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I dont think theyll get rid of the gem choices. Its that or go broke. If they change the algorithim. Then no one would read their gem choice stories. And they need the gem choice stories to gain a profit. Its for the people that keep episode updated and running. You would have a much better chance making a petition fpr cheaper gems. At this point i dont believe that episode can even PUT this petition to action if they get enough signs

6 Likes

As much as I hate to say this, I gotta agree. I think we can at least ask for cheeper gem choices though. As I said in my earlier post, 20-30 gems just or an outfit or cool hair style is very unreasonable. Especially when it would take more than a month to earn that many gems!

3 Likes

Yes you’re correct. Making the choices go away completely is not a resolution for either sides.

Rather making it an option and not making the GEMS appear in every story is a good start or even offering back the 9.99$ monthly unlimited pass back. I think even if they boosted the price on the unlimited package people would be happy, content and not as worried about GEM related stories because hey at least we have the unlimited package and can find stories that don’t revolve around GEMS.

Personally I feel stuck since the unlimited option is gone. I have to save my passes for stories I truly like because I love to binge!

The more signs we have the better and if this one doesn’t work we can make a more specific petition as well again. It just doesn’t hurt to try is what I’m saying.

2 Likes

signed!! :blob_hearts:

maybe we could ask for authors not making community authors put gems in their stories?

even myself as an author- i feel pressured to add gems to my story- even when i don’t want too!

2 Likes

In original episode story gem choice are ok for me. All authors of this app must get paid shomehow for it.

But about month ago I was reading story. I’m in 20 chapter, did my choices and waiting for another chapter to be released.
And what happend after 2 days?! I got info that this chapter was changed. Ok, what’s the problem? I’m paitient, I will read it again.
But when I was repeating chapter, choice which I made few days ago I for free was now gem choice and I must paid for it 15 gems!!! Are they for real?!
When I like story and author I will support them when I want it, not when someone is forcing me.
Honestly? I deleted that story from my favourites, even though I read 20 chapter and it was suuuper interesting.

Yeah exactly. The amount of GEMS they request is ridiculous especially considering the amount you have to PAY for it doesn’t make much sense at all. People may buy GEMS once or twice and feel ridiculous about it because it is ALOT of money. These package deals are even deals anymore is a rip off.

I know some authors are trying to stay away from gems as much as possible, but I’ve noticed they’ve been adding the “8 gems to read the episode now” and I accept those because were supporting the author which im all about. When it comes to an episode where I’m on the first scene and it says “25 GEMS to wear this outfit” pisses me off and I delete it immediately.

But yes please share this thread and the petition link to help our community. It’s all wonky over here lol.

2 Likes

I hate gem choices

2 Likes

I’ve signed the petition, I’m certain we’ll reach the goal within the next 1 maybe 2 (:

1 Like

I signed the petition

1 Like

I signed. I hate the gems so freaking much