Tips On Getting Fast Reads?

I’m about to publish a new story and I was wondering is there a way to get fast reads? Not a cheat or anything, but is there a place to promote (obviously there’s here and instagram) but anywhere else? Thank you c:

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

there is usual r4r. but that kinda sucks to do

i just recommend making a good story and promote it. and go on a respectful spamming spree.

respectful mean you dont it places it does not belong. for an example if you made a romance drama story you dont send to people looking for a sci-fi horror story.

els try facebook. but be careful there is a few group who is controlled by some really mean girls. i can add you to a few nice once if you want.

3 Likes

Read-for-reads are the fast food of reads lol.
You’ll get your reads (unless someone ghosts you) but you won’t necessarily get loyal readers.
Truthfully, I think it’s better to focus on publishing frequently and attracting loyal readers. This takes time but pays off in the long run.

I’ve given these suggestions previously:

3 Likes

Click baity tags?
Things like bad boy, pregnant, gang, etc. are really popular so people search for them. If you use those tags in your story, people will find it when the search those key words. Little dishonest, I guess, but good for fast reads.

is it likely that people finding your story under those tags will become loyal readers?

tbh, be trashy.

what I tend to see is provacative titles and covers get the readers. the story itself doesn’t have to be provocative.

also, i’ve noticed a lot of famous authors started off writing trashy stories and gain loyalty from their fans. then they gradually start writing better stories with better characters and their fans stayed loyal.

4 Likes

If you have a good story, sure. I’ve stuck around on stories that turned out to be nothing like what I thought. At the end of the day, people can still read the description to know what your story is truly about, but the tags will just make your story more visible, so people will likely read it because they see it pop up all the time

1 Like

Okay, cool!

1 Like

Drip update. Once you’ve released the first 3 chapters, drip update one or two chapters each Thursday. Why Thursday? You won’t compete with the Friday and Saturday updates but it’s close enough to the end of the week that people are likely to save your story and read it on the weekend. Plus, everyone is tuned in to what’s happening on Episode because of the updates to the art. Experiment until you’ve found what time of day gets you the most reads!

3 Likes

Smart! Also because it’s the day before they put up the new weekly shelf… (Well, it is in my country haha)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.