What Do You Guys Do When You Have a Lack of Modivation to Write?

I’m stuck writing this one chapter of my story. I know what I want to write, but I’ve been out of the groove of writing for so long, I just cant get myself to write more than 100 lines. What do you guys do to get out of a writing funk?

2 Likes

Listen to music
Still plan
Read other stories then go back to my stories
Watch a movie
Help on forums

4 Likes

I listen to a playlist I created for that specific story and make a long walk with my dog. Walking helps me with clearing my head, processing things and getting creative.:smile:
Rereading my idea’s I’ve written down also gives me inspiration. Or editing backgrounds/overlays for the story if the other options won’t work.

2 Likes

Roll about bored as heck until I can figure out something to write about haha, or work on one of my other projects if I can (rn I have an episode project, a nano story I’m planning and a bunch of other stuff so there’s always something for me to do) or I read webtoons for a while, usually read webtoons

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

thank you!

1 Like

No problem. :grin:

listen to music that is kind of meaningful & somewhat dEeP loll & i try to look at quotes & excerpts from mostly poetry or romance novels on pinterest, & since i’ve had a notebook w all my ideas, scenes, plots, etc, i try to look at that & try to make something out of it

1 Like

:thinking: Usually when I’ve lost motivation to write, it’s because I found motivation to do something else. I just go with the flow and do what I want to do. :grin:

Then again, maybe you shouldn’t listen to me, I have at least 50 unique stories (impossible to count precisely because I write ‘fanfiction’ of my own writing to make stories that aren’t canon but aren’t exactly unique either lmao), at least 60% of which are unfinished and 10% have a lazy half-ending. :joy:

Sadly, I’m very subject to the whims of my fickle inspiration and motivation. It strikes me whenever it pleases, and it’s so hard to lure it out when it isn’t ready. It likes to strike at ONE IN THE MORNING, piece of :poop: brain. :angry:

2 Likes

I always try to remember the reason I started writing in the first place. But also I think listening to music as mentioned earlier helps as well as watching my favorite films/shows. Just trying to get inspired basically

2 Likes

Honestly when I’m not feeling it, I just don’t write. If I force myself to write, I usually hate the outcome and I delete the whole thing, so instead of this, I only write when I feel productive. I can go weeks without even opening the portal, and then out of nowhere I get so inspired that I barely can write down all my ideas before I forget them. The other day for example I started to write some dialogues and two hours later I noticed that I went like 3 chapters ahead, so I should probably do the coding now :sweat_smile: Before that, I didn’t even think about my story for 3 weeks

1 Like

For me

Mehh i can’t do this Let’s just play ROBLOX!!!

take a break, listen to music, write out all of my ideas and plan the rest of the chapter, then continue writing. usually i just push through, knowing how good it could be if i put my all into it gives me motivation.

1 Like

I usually watch some spicy trailers on youtube that fit my story’s genre. :joy: Gets you into that dramatic thinking mindset real quick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.