What languages do you speak? Any suggestions?

Ok, I got the total list of languages the school teaches:

What should I learn?
  • French
  • Spanish
  • German
  • Portuguese
  • Hindi
  • Arabic
  • Danish
  • Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Italian
  • Russian
  • Indonesian
  • Urdu
  • Navajo
  • Bengali
  • Vietnamese
  • Dutch
  • Creole

0 voters

I speak Chinese (Mandarin), French, and Spanish (not completely fluent yet, but I’m close to a college level in America). I also know a dialect from Singapore which is a combination of Mandarin, Malay, English, and some other languages. It’s called Singlish.

I’m assuming you’re a native English speaker. English is an SVO language (meaning subject-verb-object), so the “easiest” would be Spanish in my opinion. Out of the last few languages you mentioned, I believe Arabic is the hardest, and Russian would be the second hardest I think.

2 Likes

I’m Greek but I wouldn’t recommend to learn Greek because it’s a super hard language :sweat_smile:

Other than that I speak english very easly and german too :blush:

2 Likes

Wow! That’s a lot of options! My school just has Chinese (Mandarin only), French, and Spanish like most other schools.

2 Likes

I’m a native English speaker. I also know a pretty good handful of French, some basic Italian, bits and pieces of Japanese, and I’m trying to learn Welsh :sweat_smile:
I might also try to get into Czech since I have a friend from the Czech Republic

4 Likes

I’m Filipino-American, and I can understand Tagalog very well; yet I can’t speak it fluently… :sweat:
However, I recommend French or German!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s one for more international languages and used to have a lay of students, but since COVID it hasn’t been doing so well.

4 Likes

I speak gibberish :joy:

Ok I actually learned spainsh (still learning)

Ella es mi esposa

The basics :grin:

1 Like

Somehow I understand that… :joy:

1 Like
Gibberish is pretty hard 2 learn

I understand it all :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, I speak French, and even if I speak French it is still difficult for French people to write or talk properly the language. It is really hard to learn, yeah… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I speak Punjabi, English and I’m learning French. I can pretty much understand many sentences when they speak other languages like Urdu or Hindi. If you know Punjabi, I highly believe the other ones in the similar language tree will be a breeze. I also want to learn Italian and Spanish. Maybe Spanish because it’s so widely spoken and can open up many doors? Whatever you pick you need to be passionate about :heart:

3 Likes

I speak

1:malayalam ( mother tough) but I won’t suggest it cuz it’s hard even for me.
2: English
3: French ( not completely fluent yet but I think it’s kinda easy)
4: Spanish( umm well it’s ok I find it kinda hard though)
5:Hindi (I find it more easy than my mother tough)

1 Like

My school Spanish, French and German.

2 Likes

I speak german, portuguese (native language), spanish and english

2 Likes

Hiiiii, I know a lot of languages tbh :joy:
I know, French (native language), Hindi, English (as you could tell), Spanish, Italian (almost fluent in it.), Korean (a bit ahaha k-pop lovers, where are you? :joy: )
I would suggest Spanish, French is hard if we are going to talk about the conjugations and the pronunciations :joy_cat:
Enjoyyy learning!!!

2 Likes

Greek is my first language and english is my second but I’m learning Spanish now! It’s honestly pretty easy :smiley:

2 Likes

I speak malayalam mostly…and hindi…
Yup am an indian
Its very tough language tho

2 Likes

Well, what languages could you see yourself actually using? Any places you want to visit/live in, where knowing the language could be a real boon? Thinking about that might help you decide as well!

4 Likes

I can speak English and Turkish . Also I am currently learning French. I wouldn’t recommend Turkish if you’re looking for more easy-to-learn language though. :joy:

4 Likes