Which CURSE WORDS are allowed in PV 13?

Can you name which curse words are allowed in PG 13?

Bitch, ass, shit, and asshole (you can’t use in a sexual way.) You can use screw you instead of f*ck you.
I believe you can only say the F word once.

Lol, I hope I don’t get flagged.

5 Likes

Lol!!! I don’t know why curse words are so funny…XDDD

1 Like

I use this

3 Likes

Pretty much anything that isn’t in a Sexual way. Context is kinda what matters.

You can only say fuck, hoe, and whore 5 times per episode (combined, not each word 5 times)

Other words like bitch, slut, ass, shit, and damn you can say as much as you want

You cannot say the C word

You can say dick but not in a sexual way. You can say “stop being a dick” but not “you should have kept your dick in your pants”

(Correct me if I’m wrong)

4 Likes

Omg I love Tintin! Thank you so much for this! :rofl:

3 Likes

Nothing in that link

Arsehole ?

And what is C word? :smiley:

you can say fuck, bitch and slut

3 Likes

Here is another http://www.tintinologist.org/guides/lists/curses.html

1 Like

Me too.

1 Like

That’s not true. You can only say fck once. If they are using fck more than once it’s considered RatedR. (Some movies and shows slipped through the crack, but you can only say it once.)

Unless, PV-13 is different than PG-13… Then ignore me lol

2 Likes

Is this stated somewhere in the guidelines? I also thought it can be used 5 times per episode (along with other curse words.) I’m pretty sure I’ve seen quite a few stories featured on shelves that used it more than once and I did it too, are you sure it’s not allowed? :flushed:

4 Likes

I honestly thought she meant TV… But I could be completely confused and wrong lol. I have used it 5 times as well :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You can’t write sex scenes.

2 Likes

Well, those stories are against the guidelines…
No, you can’t choose the rating, your stories have to be PG 13.

2 Likes

Honestly everyone should start with reading the guidelines before they start writing a story…

“Excessive use of profanity” is quite vague, so I guess that’s why the OP asked this question. However, the part about sexual content is pretty clear. Apparently the covers are fine as long as they don’t include nudity.

4 Likes

Well yeah, that’s something I don’t understand either :woman_shrugging: