Alternative Ways to Please the Community and Episode

Hi :white_heart:

As probably many of you have heard, Episode is changing the qualifying criteria for the writer’s payments.
Long story short, @tyramoore and I created a petition because we feel abandoned by Episode. They refuse to listen to the feedback the community is giving them, and we hope that this petition helps us to raise our voices and be heard.

Before one or another comes at us, we know that the new criteria is achievable. However, we believe, that it wouldn’t hurt Episode to support their community authors, and not make it even harder, since this is the main income for them. Everyday people are leaving the community and are stopping reading community stories that include gems. And in addition to that, we have to deal with readers who are rude to us and disappointed in us for putting gems into our stories, even though we did nothing wrong!

Under my recent IG post, people have commented that they wanted to start writing their own stories, but due to the new change, they feel discouraged and want to leave. Episode is losing more and more everyday without realizing it.
We understand that Episode can’t abandon all gem choices, but we strongly believe that we have two options to make the company as well as the community equally happy.

1. Decreasing the amount of gems to 20K
OR
2. Increasing the time period to 4 months, instead of 2

If you share our opinion, consider signing the petition and spreading your opinion as well :white_heart:
Here is the link: https://www.change.org/p/episode-alternative-ways-to-please-the-community-and-episode?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_27451424_en-GB%3A6&recruiter=1181840980&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition
Over 380 people have signed it already and we are still going strong :muscle:

If you don’t share our opinion, that’s totally fine, but please be respectful :white_heart:

23 Likes

Your petition is nearly at it’s target amount of signatures! :partying_face:

6 Likes

It will actually automatically expand to more, but insane how many people have signed it already :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Well done, what your doing will help so many smaller authors (:

Thank u so much, we all really appreciate it! (:

4 Likes

:heart:

3 Likes

Even closer to the target now!

3 Likes

i signed it!

2 Likes

So thankful for all the support we have gotten! Hopefully this gets the attention of someone who can actually make a change which will make us small authors feel appreciated!

3 Likes

Wow, I’m supporting!

I love the way you wrote the petition out; it’s very professional-sounding!

2 Likes

Thank you! I struggled a lot because of a writer’s block but I’m glad it worked out! :cupid:

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is not about story reviews or feedback. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Ups sorry :joy::see_no_evil: thank you Sydney :relaxed:

Just signed!!

I am currently writing my first story and although I am not interested in the payment plan or inserting gem choices, I think that these changes are extremely difficult for small community authors to meet. Even though my support is small, I hope we can come together and help episode see what choices they should be making to help us rather than take away from all of our hard work :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you! And I can totally agree with you :heartpulse:
And please don’t feel discouraged now about writing your story, we all will make it through :relaxed::heartpulse:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.