Content Guidelines

What country do you live in?

Somewhere in the middle of Europe.
Let’s just say that good old fashioned girls like me which wait on Prince Charming till they are 20, are very rare here and we look wierd comparing to others.

Grown ups have sex like rabbits not knowing who Is whose wife :rofl:

1 Like

References to Assault, Violence & Torture:

• No graphic / explicit / detailed descriptions of rape / assault / violence / gore / etc.
  • Authors can give general descriptions or broad strokes, but not details.
    • Ex: they can say a rape / murder / assault happened, but cannot describe the details, injuries or physical sensations.
    • Physical or sexual abuse can referenced provided the representation is respectful, contextually appropriate and doesn’t glorify being a victim / survivor.
  • Torture cannot be depicted on screen. References to torture, and evidence of torture are allowed, but cannot be explicit or gratuitous.

My question is, what is considered too explicit or too descriptive of a murder? My story is in the horror category so death is a huge part of my story. I would like to know what I can and cant do.

4 Likes

This is not a promote yourself page.

3 Likes

If that’s the case the story Pregnant at 15 needs to be banned

I thought it was?
(I just did a search and I found a “Pregnant at 15” story, but I believe there used to be one with millions of reads that got banned?)

1 Like

oh okay

If it fighting sport like boxing it count as Violence

probably something like
“He stabbed me in the stomach. Slowly twisting the blade, I can feel my insides slicing apart. Blood starts gushing out.” and then showing blood and such
You know, although this post will probably get flagged for what I just wrote. :joy:

3 Likes

I had a question, so my sister plays episode and she turns 13 next month. She really wants to learn how to create stories, should I wait until she’s 13 to teach her? or should she start her story but not publish it until she turns 13?

In the Philippines the age of consent is 12 so idk

1 Like

Read this:

" 1. Your Agreement to these Terms of Service

Please carefully read these Terms of Service. By registering for an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that (1) you are age 13 or older (16 or older in the EU/EEA), (2) you understand and agree to these Terms of Service, and (3) if you are between the ages of 13 and 18 (between 16 and 18 in the EU/EEA), your legal guardian has reviewed and agrees to these Terms of Service.

BY INSTALLING, USING OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL, USE OR OTHERWISE ACCESS THE SERVICE. USE OF THE SERVICE IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED."

From here: https://pocketgems.com/episode-terms-of-service/

3 Likes

Nevermind, question answered in previous replies

And the Demi Lovato ones

I’m confused does this mean that you’re not allowed to show characters undressing each other like almost every writer does to show that they are going to have sex???

Not describe or show them having sex but indicate that is what is going to happen. So is a makeout scene with them undressed not allowed?

Technically what you describe is “before” the moment sex occurs. :smirk: I think what they mean is like, showing naked thrusting during the act, even if it’s just from the shoulders up (though I’ve definitely seen stories do that too.) K*ss List pretty heavily indicates sex is occurring with a cutaway, though, so WHO knows?

I think I’ve seen naked makeout scenes where the characters are under the covers. I saw one non-consensual naked oral sex scene with bars obscuring the characters, which I reported with no results, so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

Yeah I guess so, it just really baffled me.

Like are we not allowed to kinda indicate sex, a natural thing that happens in life when you’re grown up and attracted to someone.

Who knows?

1 Like

Maybe since Episode is located in the US, there might be some kind of federal law that prohibits them from allowing certain content since they advertise the app for ages 12+. I know those laws exist for interstate tv and radio transmissions. Not sure about cellphone games… But I’ve definitely seen way sketchier things on the app than consensual sex between adults.

1 Like

I have a question: Am I allowed to use characters from films/tv shows, but put them in a different context? Like, if I were to use the characters from The Wizard of Oz (Dorothy, Glinda, The Wicked Witches, etc.) and put them in a modern, high school-esque situation, would that be allowed?

The Wizard of Oz characters are in the public domain, so technically Episode doesn’t really have any reason to prohibit that. You wouldn’t be able to use characters someone owns the rights to, though.

2 Likes