Discussion: These "diversity" shelves

I have seen many of them use that excuse. To me, it’s just a whiny excuse.

1 Like

I will say again diversity is NOT about being a different skin colour.

Black history month yes fair enough
Aric yes fair enough

Diversity NO! No where does it say that diversity is linked to one skin colour Look up the term diversity! It’s about celebrating people as an individual. We would never celebrate diversity in my nursery without including every child of every background.

2 Likes

Did the Jewish month pass already?

Sis, we know what diversity is. We’re not stupid. Don’t try to act like the smart one in the situation.

7 Likes

Well why are white people offensive here then?

It’s about the shelves that relate to race/heritage/ethnicity…Why are you bringing sexualities & disabilities into this? Racial diversity is still a thing and still VERY important

4 Likes

I. WANT. IT. :eye::tongue::eye: Skskskks

So…if we are celebrating diversity why is the oppisite being promoted on these shelves…

6 Likes

I see what you mean.

1 Like

I’m done talking with you. I just explained why. It’s clear to me you don’t know what diversity is and try to act like you do.

Sorry I’m not sure I understand

All of these bold statements you keep throwing out there like ANYONE said white people were offensive “here” whatever that’s supposed to mean…

7 Likes

No one even said that. We just mean the whole cast being it, it isn’t diverse but she wants to strawman us I guess.

2 Likes

I would like it. It’s a really good idea. It sucks because they don’t give us sh*t for Jewish people on this app.

2 Likes

Interesting debate.

1 Like

It was clearly written in the start of this discussion. That the person find it’s offensive to have white people on this shelf

Episode: Gives us Kippahs
Episode: Do something with that. :eye:

3 Likes

Its not…the trending sections are full of white ppl.
The shelfs point is to show us something else

3 Likes

All white casts. White centered casts.

4 Likes

Maybe they find it offensive because 90% of the stories (user stories or not) consist of predominantly white casts? Why in the hell would they want to see a story that doesn’t include any Arabs, in a shelf about Arab heritage month? Please explain.

5 Likes