Has Anyone Else Found That Episode Gem Options Are Being Taken Too Far? (:

Definitely a glitch exit the app and re-open if it still persists send a ticket

1 Like

I’ve recently been reading all the episode featured story’s just to gain some gems to support community authors but all of the gem choices in them are just so dumb like- :cowboy_hat_face:
The story line went something like the MCs bffs got her outfits for them all to match. (Real sweet btw)
THEY ALREADY BOUGHT IT FOR ME SO WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY GEMS?

5 Likes

Sometimes episode just do too much and needs to stop fr

2 Likes

Yes lol I still waiting for it

1 Like

That a lot of gems

1 Like

Episode gem choices are so crazy sometimes.
The other day I read an Episode featured story and the choice was either wear nice outfit 1, nice outfit 2 or just be in your pajamas?? And it was for a really vital part of the story for a music video for the MC’s channel I’m pretty sure so she recorded in her pajamas and then she was just in her pajamas out on the street for most of the day too. I always just avoid all gems choices but it makes the story less good sometimes because some choices that are free just seem to ruin every relationship the MC has lmao.

2 Likes

Bump!

Since you bumped this, I was reading an Episode featured story a little while ago and it basically made me wear the same outfit the ENTIRE story because I never bought any gem choices.

I’ve also seen gem choices which say “heart the message” “react with a smile to the message” or “just ignore them” or something similar. Like I doubt it would really boost their interest in me if I like the message but even so, it just seems like a waste of gems, especially at the price.

I feel like if gem choices were better priced or worth more of what they charge, more people would buy. Because currently, it’s like 20 gems to spend some extra time with the love interest but after reading Episode featured stories and not spending any gems, I can confirm pretty much all the time you end up with the love interest anyways.

5 Likes

Yep, I read that one if it is the one I am thinking of. :woman_facepalming: It was a real shame because the plot wasn’t bad. We can’t really expect anything else from featured stories tho. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

HAHAHAHAHHHAHAH I actually burped in her face, because, you know… and I didn’t change a thing

1 Like

Best free choice ever

1 Like

I’ve read featured stories and have never spent a single gem because the LI is such an unlikeable jerk but the MC still ends up with them in the end.
So gem choices for basically useless

2 Likes

Back again bc I’m currently trying to read lots of featured stories to get gems hehe

So, in this episode, there was a choice to spend gems to ask the love interest (LI) to come and comfort the MC or tell the LI not to come. I obviously went with the free choice so told the LI not to come. Cut to the next scene immediately after, the LI decided to come anyways so it would’ve 100% been a waste of gems if I had spent them :skull:

3 Likes

Don’t get me started, I just finish “Ruptured Heart” for the gems and I laughed so much during the story because every time I chose a free choice, MC was too b*tchy with LI. Like “Do you want to know LI’s interests?” “No, I don’t.” Then she screams with him “I DON’T WANNA KNOW YOU” which he replies “Ouch”, then she explains herself like “Oh, that’s because I don’t need to know everything about you…” I mean LOL such a contradictory MC

4 Likes

Agreed. I think “support the author” is fine because it’s entirely optional, but sometimes it’s really frustrating when it’s like:
“How are you gonna respond to someone telling you they hope you get mauled by a bear”
-perfectly logical answer and also get the love interest to make out with you for some reason 15 GEMS
-dumb answer that literally nobody would ever say or “stay quiet” FREE

Outfits are also kinda annoying. Like, if you want to make us choose between a free pretty dress and an 5-gem dress that’ll get the attention of the love interest, whatever, but why does the free alternative have to be “Loofa Dress” (also that dress will never fail to crack me up).

I’m working on a story that uses one or two gem choices per chapter starting on the 3rd chapter, but it’s usually like:
-gain a little bit of extra knowledge that’ll help a character with a task, and also unlock some extra scenes 5 GEMS
-don’t do that, but learn the knowledge for free in later episodes, just without the extra scenes FREE

I was hoping that authors would start a bit of a revolution with the gem choices by making them super cheap and showing Episode that gem choices don’t have to be super expensive, but unfortunately a lot of community authors are starting to do the same thing Episode does with their featured stories.

5 Likes