🍸 Martini's Script Template: 📱 Custom Phone Text Notification

I’ve been using this for quite a while in my stories. It not only looks cool and realistic but is also very easy to implement!

Here’s an example:

The phone lits up and the message is shown.

You won’t need to create and upload a separate overlay for each time you want to use it. Instead you can customize the time, and message on the go. You can use emojis and text effects too!

How:

1. Upload a phone background with dark screen.
  2. Upload a phone overlay, same as background but with a lit up screen.
  3. Upload message notification overlay.
  4. Create custom text overlays and line them up with the message notification.
  5. Fade the overlays in.

Note:
If your message is longer than 1 line, you need to create more text overlays (one for each line) and you’ll have to make the notification overlay bigger.

Here's the template
INT. PHONE DARK with PHONE_LIT at layer 0 with MESSAGE_NOTIFICATION at layer 1

&zoom reset
&overlay PHONE_LIT opacity 0 in 0 AND overlay MESSAGE_NOTIFICATION opacity 0 in 0

#This is the contact name (in my case it´s Dad). It should be bold.
&overlay TITLE create text |bold| Dadđź’«

#This is the message content.
&overlay TEXT create text 🍲 Dinner at 7, don't forget.

#This is the time you want to be shown when the phone lits up.
&overlay TIME create text |color:white| 4:12

#Overlay placemenet (it can variate, depending on the length)
&overlay TEXT scales to 1.252 1.252 in 0 AND overlay TEXT shifts to 71 319 in 0 AND overlay TITLE scales to 1.216 1.216 in 0 AND overlay TITLE shifts to 68 333 in 0 AND overlay TITLE moves to layer 3 AND overlay TEXT moves to layer 3 AND overlay TIME scales to 7.066 7.066 AND overlay TIME shifts to 100 389 AND overlay TIME moves to layer 3

#Pause so the dark screen is visible first
@pause for 0.5

#Screen (+overlays) lits up
@overlay PHONE_LIT opacity 1 in 0.8 using easein AND overlay MESSAGE_NOTIFICATION opacity 1 in 0.8 using easein AND overlay TITLE opacity 1 in 0.8 using easein AND overlay TEXT opacity 1 in 0.8 using easein AND overlay TIME opacity 1 in 0.8 using easein
Background/overlays
Phones

Footbal theme

Galaxy theme

I didn’t include the cat theme because it’s custom for my story where the MC’s cat is blind on one eye.

:point_right:t3: If you want a custom phone, feel free to DM me with the details (background color, wallpaper, battery percentage, service/wifi etc.)

Overlays

16 Likes

Pretty cool thing you made here! Are templates something you regularly make? Do you have more?

3 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, I do a lot actually :smiling_face:

Here's a list
3 Likes

I dont think this is in the right section try put it in art rescoures. I’ll defo use these in my story thanks!

1 Like

I’ve put many script templates in this section already :slight_smile: And yeah, I’m happy you like it!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.