Need Directing Help? This is the Thread for You!

Hi M, i copied and paste and got an error message. any advice?

Could you send a screenshot of the error?

Try this:
input What’s Your First Name?|What’s Your First Name?|Done(NAME)

1 Like

should it start from the speech line or character space?

Try this format:

NARRATOR
What’s your name?
input What’s Your First Name?|What’s Your First Name?|Done(NAME)

i did but it stopped at what is your name.

No customisation

You can find a customization template here made by @Dara.Amarie :

Is there a way i can chat you privately?

Yes, click on my profile and then click on the “Message” box.

cant find it. sorry i am really slow in catching up today. can you please send me a message?

Hi! I need help with labels.
The warning keeps appearing; I save my script, no warning, I save it again and the warning appears.

This has happened a couple of times. I’m not sure what I did.
I added characters to the scene and there was a warning on both the label and the line @ANDREA enters… I fixed the problem on the @ANDREA enters… line as it was just a typo. I saved my script and there were no warnings. Then I spot directed the characters and added a few commands. I saved my script and the warning is back as shown on the screenshot.

I also previewed the episode on my phone and everything is good up until the characters enter (line 464). They don’t even appear in the scene. I know sometimes characters can disappear and usually I can fix this by restarting the app but no such luck.

The label also isn’t in the Script Tools label box.
I’m very confused and frustrated, haha, the warning itself makes no sense to me.

Please help, lol,
Thank you!

Ok, it’s actually not the label problem :joy:. It has something to do with the line after. According the error, I’m not sure if you’re allowed to enter from a place to a spot directed spot. So, try doing this:
@ANDREA spot 0.651 400 376
@ANDREA walks to spot 0.651 281 376

NOTE: This code basically does the same thing as “@ANDREA enters from right to spot …” if the error wasn’t present. If you have any other characters that do the same thing, write a similar code.

It worked!!

Thank you so much xxx

Glad I could help! :laughing:

PLEASE HELP!!!

if i allow the readers change the lead male and female name how do i differentiate them when writing since i have to code it as (NAME)

I would suggest replacing “NAME” with “FEMALENAME” or “MALENAME”.

merci beaucoup

De rien. :joy:

Okay, I need some help:
I added the code which allows readers to choose their name but since I started making Episode 2 I can’t go back to Episode 1 (where I added the code.) Plus, I used all my replays >_<

Since I can’t go back to choose my character’s name I have no idea if NAME is going to pop up for readers as well?

Or will it not affect them since they’re able to play it through?

Did you go to the “Create” section in the Episode App? You can use the navigation tool to jump to different episodes.