Stories with unique MC's?

i’m reading Counting Sheep by Piccalilly and I like how the MC is kinda the “bad girl” of the school in this
i’d appreciate some rec’s about stories where the mc is a loner or just have a unique style or smth
(i read every genre except romance and action, no mafia or wolf stuff)

6 Likes

The story I’m currently writing will have a very unique main character it’s not going to be out for a couple months because it’s taking me longer than I expected but if you want you can follow me on IG @Mirwren.writesepisode✨ for updates!

There is a link in my profile on here with a post about my story :heart:

I also recommend a lot of good stories on my episode account you can look me up there, my username is just: Mirwren

3 Likes

Along the shorelines by Alphan
Strong take no nonsense MC , no romance as such at all…mainly all drama,

2 Likes

Hey!
So I have absolutely no idea if this story would be in your taste, but MC is a strong female lead who slowly gets attached to darkness.
She doesn’t take no for an answer. Hot-headed and passionate. She is a strong and powerful Elemental who will never be silenced by adversity. The “first do then think” type. Likes to put herself first.
If this seems like something you would read… here are all info.

:fire: Story Title:
6 Elementals: The Past

:fire: Genre:
Adventure, fantasy

:fire: Description:
6 Elementals could save Erendor. But what if it’s not that easy?
Switching to the dark side, breaking rules, and making sacrifices.
Friendship, love, and unity vanish. 1 Li

:fire: Published: 8 episodes (Ongoing)

:fire: Link: 6 Elementals: The Past

Cover by @/Wraith.monke

1 Like

Hi, you can check out my recently completed story, Deadly Nightshade! The MC is a villain.

Link: Deadly Nightshade

Episodes: 24 (complete)

Extra info:
:wilted_flower: Diverse cast
:wilted_flower: No romance. (It’s not a major part of the story.)
:wilted_flower: You can also skip heavy/triggering scenes and there are warnings used if there’s no skip option.

1 Like

Moved to Promote Your Story since you’re looking for story recommendations. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :grinning:

Actually, that story is categorized as romance and the plot does in fact focus on the romance. While it’s an interesting story, I don’t think that’s what OP requested. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well that’s the OP choice to check it out, I personally found no real romance at all in it. , even the end was not romantic …
So hence I suggested it, Whether it was in the romance category or not.
Plus OP wanted an Mc that’s different, and this MC certainly wasn’t the norm

Hey! My story is a mystery about a group of supernatural criminals undercover to solve a murder so I would say they are really unique! Especially in the way they interact as an ensemble so it’s hopefully something you’d enjoy <33

Story: The Unwanted
Genre: Mystery
Insta: @evilyn.writes
Episodes: 15
Style: Ink

Description:
15 years since we’ve been deemed useless and deported to Earth. Now, we reunite to solve the supernatural murders and as past becomes present, our mistakes become fatal…

Advanced directing/ overlays etc.

Link: https://episodeinteractive.com/s/i/5431076573085696

Also up for r4r!

2 Likes

Greetings! Thank you very much for this thread. Here’s a list of my stories that have what I would consider to be pretty unique MCs. Perhaps one or all will pique your interest. If you do end up reading any of them, I’d love to hear any thoughts you may have. :grin:

Daughter of Shadow

Title: Daughter of Shadow
Author: Silver Lady
IG: @silverlady.epi
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Mystery
Style: Limelight
Number of Episodes: 8 currently, more on the way.
Description: You wake alone in a forest with few memories and a magical brand. As you’re pulled into a world of intrigue & deception, will you discover who you really are, or die trying?
Additional Info: Choice of two love interests (one of which you are able to choose the gender of), single option, full CC for MC and the two LI, two different point systems, currency system within the game, choices matter, multiple endings.
Episode Accolades: Heroic Contest Winner
Link: Episode Writer Portal
Covers:

Eternal Oblivion

Title: Eternal Oblivion
Genre: Fantasy primarily with a large dose of mystery, as well as action, drama, romance, and historical fiction thrown in from time to time.
Style: Limelight
Number of Episodes: 42. Story is complete. NO “Skip the Wait”.
CC: Kinda. You can’t customize the main three characters (for story reasons), but there is a character for you to customize starting with chapter five. You won’t see much of her to start, but she becomes more important later in the plot.
Description: When a powerful force rises to threaten the world, can Amara and her allies defeat the ancient death dragon? Or is life as they know it doomed?
Additional Info: The story unfolds on multiple timelines over the course of 5k+ years, and examines the affect true immortality could have on a person and their loved ones, as well as how the choices we make can have long lasting consequences, and the idea of determinism vs. free will.
Episode Accolades: Magical Shelf (Jan. 2020)
Cover:

Magicka: Dark Star

Title: Magicka: Dark Star
Genre: Adventure/Dark Fantasy
Style: LL
CC: No, for story purposes.
Description: Lyal was born under a dark star, an omen of evil and death . Will she rage against the dying of her light? Or will she embrace her dark destiny? (choices matter, 4 endings).
Episode Accolades: Magicka Contest Winner
Cover:

2 Likes

Hi! Maybe my story could interest you? :slightly_smiling_face:

Title : Sora
Summary : Vikings of Sora are at war with England! Shield maiden Thora has been send together with her brothers and secret lover to negotiate. How far will they go to restore peace? [CC & LGBTQ+]
Genre : adventure
Story link : -
http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4625143746985984
Story cover

Instagram : I post sneak peeks and more via my page @chanel.stories

2 Likes

The MC in my story is an outcast at school. Here’s the link if you’re interested:” :slight_smile:

I love Feel Something [9+10]! Check it out! Episode Writer Portal

1 Like

Hi! My story have two pretty unusual MCs, a rabbit and a bunnytail, so there’s that! :joy: I’ll leave it here in case you’re interested!

Title: BunBun Shot
Description: Ever since he lost his dad a hotheaded rabbit has been trapped in a dark place, until a “fated” meeting with an eccentric bunnytail offers him a guiding light. Will he follow it?
Info: No CC, two MCs with one LI each, music and sounds
Topics: Grief, mental disorders, healing

Thank you for this thread! Not completely sure if it qualifies your criteria, but here’s my new Adventure story! The MC is an architect and interior designer, but her adventure she’s about to go on with the others will be very different :mountain::sparkles:

Story link
IG: @mukta.writes :heartpulse: