UPDATE: A Better Mobile Experience for the Writer Portal

Hey Episodians!

Since we’ve said goodbye to Mobile Creator, our team has been hard at work thinking about how to best bring the Episode Writer Portal experience to mobile. We’ve done some minor improvements to the Writer Portal to make it easier to access on a mobile browser, including starting a script, creating characters, and previewing your story easier.

We focused our attention on the devices our creators use the most, noticing that 50% of mobile sign-ins came from iPhones, usually in the regular size (as opposed to the Plus-size). Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy seemed to be the most popular Android mobile device, coming in at around 8% of sign-ins. So, we focused our attention on phone-sized devices when we thought about scrolling, zooming, and tapping.

This is not going to work perfectly for every device! Our primary focus is still supporting the Writer Portal for a computer-based experience, so we still encourage everyone to use a desktop or laptop where possible.

Here are some of the improvements our team made:

• The script editor is scrollable and has been formatted to better fit mobile browsing.
  • The script tools panel will show up when you swipe left, the preview menu and the library will show up when you swipe right.
  • Story previewing within the Writer Portal on mobile has been improved
  • When writing a script, auto-suggestions will now appear and be selectable.

Take a look at these new features in our demo!

As always, we’re excited to get this released to you and would love to hear your thoughts below!

With Love,

The Episode Team

110 Likes

Thank you for this update :heart_eyes: :heart:

5 Likes

Sweet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Awesome! This would of been great for when I had a phone. At least people without laptops can use it!

6 Likes

Thanks guys :pray::star_struck:

2 Likes

I noticed the change a few days ago and I absolutely LOVE it! Thanks for the update!

3 Likes

Thank you, this is going to make it so much easier to write when away from my laptop! :pray:t2:

Is the fact the character in the second video being named Raquel a callback to the original classic episode guides? :eyes: Probably not.

18 Likes

It’s a great start!

But for me the most annoying thing is that the text scales to enormous sizes when I click on the code. Like one letter literally takes 50% of the screen, it shouldn’t work like that. I hope you will fix it with time too :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Thank you for this. I was waiting for this kind of update but talked myself out of it ever happening and now I’m just overwhelmed with excitement :grin:

13 Likes

thank you! i love writing on my pc but when i’m too lazy to get on it or on the go, this will be useful! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh my god, thank you so much for this! :smiley: :heart:

2 Likes

Wow! AMAZING!! I HOPE THIS WORKS!

EDIT: I’m trying it out and I have a suggestion to make rn! Can you guys make the script easier to read without having to zoom in? Like maybe make the words bigger? :slight_smile:

Also I’m having the issue now that it keeps zooming in way too close when I select some words. Is there a way for you guys to prevent that from happening? Thanks for everything though!

9 Likes

Great update, thank you!

Also lol, the Abbey background doesn’t have any flowers-

5 Likes

oh my goodness!!! woohooo!!!

1 Like

Same here. Thought it had something to do with the iOS 13 update after I finally downloaded it lol. But it’s about time they made it easier to use on mobile. :slight_smile::joy:

3 Likes

Yes!!! Its amazing

1 Like

OMG OmgOmgOmgOmg

Thank so freaking MUCHH :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::black_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

I’m so happy this happened because I always wanted to tweak a few things before I went to sleep but I couldn’t bare turning on my laptop so this will be very helpful. I can even write in public now, thank you :partying_face:

4 Likes

Thank you for the useful update. :partying_face:

4 Likes

I have a Galaxy. Can’t wait to try this out!!

2 Likes