FEATURE: supporting small authors discussion

yeah it is

I think small authors have a decent amount of ways for promotion. There are numerous review and promotion groups, plenty of R4R threads, that are working, if you organize them in a right way.

Everyone canā€™t get the coverage, just because there are too many of us.

However, one of the ideas I have, that maybe could be suggested for Episode, is too make some kind of promotion day on IG, where they promote the story, that they think is good. I mean they review plenty of stories, so they probably have something to offer.

1 Like

btw my instagram name is the same as here. I use the same profile name evrywhere

1 Like

Hi girls :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve read the whole thing so i want to read your stories :slight_smile:ā€¦ i dont need no read backā€¦ we have to support each other so please send me your linksā€¦ i have a lot of time.
Im a fair honest person, iā€™ll give you a very good review :slight_smile:

2 Likes

your story is really funny

1 Like

My girly is the sweetest :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I hope it express my awkwardness

1 Like

Love you girlā¤

1 Like

awww I love you too boo :eyes: I found memes

1 Like

Cant wait to see it :heart_eyes::clap::joy:.

1 Like

I agree that it would be good for both Episode and the community if they did more to promote smaller authors. However, I personally donā€™t think everyone deserves it. I mean, readers choose stories that appeal to them! Some stories appeal to a larger audience than others.

That being said, I do have a Spotlight Sunday on my website for smaller authors to get feedback and a little promotion. I try to do what I can!

4 Likes

Feel free to show your support for small authors by liking/hearting this thread :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you love !!!

Go girl :tipping_hand_woman:t5: I love the energy

Now everyone Links to your stories asap. We gotta help each other out

2 Likes

Guys, thank you very much for commenting on this thread and sharing your ideas.

It is always very helpful to others to know what opportunities are out there. Building a following and getting reads and recognition is really hard, we all admit that. We are just trying to find ways of how Episode could help us a tiny bit with that. However, I would kindly ask you to not share your stories here as this is not a R4R thread.

Thank you all very much for your input!

:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for this suggestion! I am closing this thread for a couple of reasons: 1) we are not able to split the contests shelves as this thread is requesting so this feature WILL NOT BE BUILT and 2) weā€™ve implemented a number of changes to better support smaller authors. We regularly run our Hidden Gems and Rising Stars shelves and we now also take suggestions directly from the community for almost all of our themed shelves. Additionally, we have the New User Stories shelf in the app under the Stories We <3 tab. This shelf shows each reader a different selection of newly published stories

4 Likes